Take A Break From The Negative Things In Your Life, Your Body Needs It Sometimes

In a world filled with stress, negativity, and despair, learn how to take care of yourself.

3
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8dJ0hhrkB/
@rebeccamoroney/Instagram

Everywhere we turn there is some outlet, whether it be social media, the news, or friends, reminding us how much bad there is in the world. Unfortunately, there isn't an off switch we can flip to make it all go away. Fortunately, there is a way to avoid it. The solution may come as a shock so brace yourselves....TURN IT OFF!

Facebook and Twitter? Delete the app for a while and take a break from it. Got friends that are constantly complaining or being jerks all the time? Take a break from them too! It's very easy to say, I know, but it really does help. Find an activity or hobby that you enjoy! Whether it be Netflix, reading, video games, sports, write down your thoughts, or spending time with those friends who always just seem to help. Personally, I've begun to take walks and listening to music or an audiobook. These things block out what's going on around you and lets you focus on you getting the relaxation and rest you need from the outside world.

I'm not saying that you need to just ignore everything that goes on around you, because that isn't helping the problem. Try to help people if you can! Not one of those cliche "Help one person a day" things, because it'll become a chore as opposed to what it's supposed to be. Not being a slave to whatever is going on and trying to voice your opinion on the social media channels will help. It'll show you that you do not need to respond to every little thing that is going on. Take a nap, explore nature and your state, or just sit in silence for a moment, because rest is something we don't take seriously enough these days.