Take a break from reality
Friendships

Allow yourself to Take a break Or You'll Burn Out

Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy yourself.

91
https://pixabay.com/en/maldives-tropics-tropical-1993704/

I have always been the type of person who is incredibly busy and I like it.

Everyone always tell me to relax and I honestly do not know how to relax. I love to be busy, to work, to take classes and learn, and to adventure with friends. But I do not love sitting around on the couch doing nothing. Trust me, it is hard to be busy and constantly going but I think it is harder to do nothing. This weekend I went on a mini "vacation" to visit my best friend and it was honestly the best thing I could have done.

For the past six weeks I have been taking easily the most difficult college class I have taken. It ran Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m to 11:40 a.m and we had a test every five classes. I was successful in this class but it took all of my effort and free time. Also during these six weeks I was also working full time between my two jobs.

My free time was minimal and spent at the gym or sleeping.

My best friend invited me to visit him for the weekend about three and half hours away and it was the first weekend I had off with zero obligations in a while. I jumped at that opportunity mainly because I missed my best friend. So Friday evening I got out of work and started my journey to Massachusetts. And thankfully there was no traffic! He literally never fails to make me laugh even if we are making fun of each other...

...and it started as soon as I got there.

He had to park my car because I am from the middle of no where and have no clue how to park on a hill, half on a sidewalk in a highly populated area. And that is where it all began. We really did not do much Friday night but relax with his family and watch some television and it was really nice to be able to sit and relax after a long day of work and driving.

Saturday, well we went out to the pond to catch some fish and relax, but it rained. And then I got motion sick from the car. Really I was just a mess so we went home and laid on the couch to watch some movies. Then the next day we spend the day by his families pool relaxing with the dogs.

And that is when I realized how important it is to actually take a break.

We may not have been super busy (mostly because the weather) but it was so nice. It was great for my body to not be running around. It was great for my mind to not be focused on school.

It was great to see my best friend and smile and laugh.

Of course getting in my car to leave was super hard, no one wants to leave their best friend and drive a few hours so they can go back to work and start classes again. But when I got back into my car and started driving I felt regenerated. For the first time in weeks, I was not worried about school, or finances or my future and I was ready to take on my next class, work and graduate school applications.

I took two days to smile, relax and laugh with someone important to me and it was the best choice.

ALWAYS remember to take a break from reality and do something good for yourself.