4 Reasons Taking A Compter Science Course Is Actually Pretty Cool

It will benefit you in the future.

133

When I discovered that I had to take two computer science courses for my minor, I immediately freaked out. I had never taken a course that involved anything computer coding related before. I was super scared that I would have no idea what I was doing and I would be surrounded by a whole bunch of people who did. I thought that it was going to be too complex for my brain to handle — but as time went on, I found myself actually enjoying the class. Surprisingly, I was understanding the material and the lingo fairly well. It went from a class which I dreaded, to a class which I loved attending. I began to actually have fun. From designing your own webpage to snooping on others', here are 4 reasons why taking a computer science course is actually pretty cool.

1. You learn how to create web-pages

tech

Have you ever wanted to create your own webpage? Take a computer science course, and you might find out how to do just that. You can literally create a webpage for anything. Your favorite band, favorite book, a personal blog, and even a portfolio of your work. It's super beneficial and something fun to do in your free time.

2. You learn a lot about the internet

aol

Before taking a computer science course, the prospect of knowing the history of the internet never interested me; but after learning so much about it, I'm glad that I did. The history of the internet is so interesting, as well as the technology and mechanics that go along with it. You also learn how to protect yourself from viruses and real-life invaders, something that is not only cool, but also keeps you safe.

3. It'll benefit you in the future

typing

Computer scientists are one of the most sought-after careers. Almost every company or workplace needs them. Just understanding even a little bit about computers and how they work will be a great benefit when applying for jobs. With computers and technology only growing stronger every day, knowing how their systems work and how to manipulate them is an amazing asset to have.

4. You can see how others create their own pages

computer science

Don't worry, this is legal — if you do it in a legal way of course. But the cool thing about understanding coding and machines is that you know the same stuff that others do too. This means that if you want, you can totally look at a web-page you admire, click a few buttons, and bam, you can discover the exact coding that they used to create it. It's super cool and very helpful when studying or trying to find out how to insert something into your own code. But always remember that it's okay to get inspiration from someone else's work, but it's never okay to copy it exactly and put your name on it — now that's illegal.