"Syllabus Week" As Told By 'The League'

"Syllabus Week" As Told By 'The League'

Syllabus week is party week, right?

17
"Syllabus Week" As Told By 'The League'
The League

Yeah! It's the fall semester and you're back in your college town, ready to roll. You're greeted by your favorite people and eager to take on yet another semester together. And you aren't even nervous on the first day, right? Because everyone knows that syllabus week is a breeze.

That is until...

Your class has only one textbook option and it costs more than you made throughout your entire summer break.

Reminder: call mom and dad asap for a textbook check

Your professor actually hard-core lectures on the very first day.

Chapters 1, 2 and 3 -- are you kidding me?

Your professor mentions that there will be a quiz in the next class.

And it's on the first chapter ....great.

You try to decide if you should go out every night this week because your work load is completely nonexistent ....right? And when you're out thinking to yourself how you were supposed to do something really important.

And you're already trying and figure out how you're first zero will impact your overall semester grade.

You go to class the next morning when you just aren't feeling it.

You know you aren't the only one sitting in class feeling this way.

You realize you have missed the add/drop period and now you're stuck in the course that has essay exams and mandatory group projects ...every week.

If I squint my right eye and close my left eye, it doesn't look all that bad.

A breakthrough occurs: you passed the first week's worth of quizzes, realize you are incredibly badass, and sit back to chill because you can conquer anything.

Nothing can stop me I'm all the way up.

You know, yet again, that you will have an amazing semester.

Or, you at least enjoy your happy dance until midterm week rolls around.

As yet another semester rolled around in my college town I realized how I wasn't stressed or nervous, but only calm and completely prepared. As college students, and most of us being young adults, know that we are built with so much resiliency. We can party until we literally feel like we can party no more, study overnight at some corner desk in a library while chugging coffee just to power through, and even work 2-3 jobs while taking a full-load of courses AND being involved with various clubs/organizations (maybe even a social life, if you're lucky) ...am I right?

From one college to student to another ... remember to enjoy everyday of your journey through college, because from what I've heard -- it becomes an experience that you carry with you throughout your entire lifetime. I think the time is NOW. So go get your education on and have a killer time doing it! #fall2016