Hey Tinder, I Swiped Left On YOU
Dating Apps

Hey Tinder, I Swiped Left On YOU

After debating with myself to download it, I did, and I hate it.

103
Hey Tinder, I Swiped Left On YOU

Ever heard the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover?"

That phrase is exactly what Tinder doesn't do. You are shown pictures of people and based on physical attraction are given the option to swipe if you like them or not.

Tinder, however, does allow users to create a biography, which no one ever bothers to read. If they do, the most common biographies I've seen are: I'm 6"1, I play baseball, Not looking for anything serious.

I was bored, so I decided to download Tinder. I thought that I would make my own opinions on the application and find out the truth behind it.

The truth behind it is, it's a great app if you're bored and want instant gratification that you're good looking because odds are you will match with someone, which is a confidence boost.

However, it's a waste of time and unproductive.

Tinder, you could get a swipe right if you did random compatibility between the people on there.

I would much rather take a few tests and see other people's answers and results, swipe on their results and compatibility with me and then be shown what they physically look like.

In this day of age "looks" are what society emphasizes, they don't care about who you are as an individual, but more what you look like.

Tinder tried to incorporate the use of bios to break this stigma surrounding it, but it's ineffective.

I created a bio including some information about myself and granted maybe a select few read it, but every dm I received was a compliment on my appearance.

It's sad that this is our new reality. We just someone based off of what they look like, not who they are. But at the end of the day, looks will fade. Their hair will turn grey, their face will get wrinkly, their perfect body will turn into a fragile skeleton, and you'll only have their eyes to look into.

Eyes are the gateway into the soul. Through them, you can feel every emotion, every passion, everything. It shows someone's heart.

Maybe I have such an issue with Tinder because it's online. It's not face to face, I feel like you need to fall in love with someone by staring into their eyes. Seeing all their vulnerability and true colors.

Don't try to find love through an app, get off your phone and go look in people's eyes. When you find someone who looks back into your eyes, you've found the one. Stop swiping, and start searching.