How To Just Keep Swimming When Your Ocean Is All Mucky

My tips on how to survive "those days" and to just keep swimming

1927
Pinterest.com

Have you ever had those days when everything seems to be going wrong? When you forget an important paper in your room? Or you spill your water everywhere in your back pack? Or you feel alone because you where misunderstood and everyone seems to not listen to you? Don't worry I have been there many times. Just recently actually.

The day started great. The night before I was able to talk to my boyfriend: which is always awesome. I woke up and found out that my morning class got cancelled. Plus it was a Friday and the cafe had a mac and cheese bar. I was so happy and thought what could possibly go wrong?

That day, I had plans with my friends to go to the mall and do some shopping, which is always a fun time, and I went back to my dorm to take a nap before we all went out. My friends and I all have a group chat and we were messaging in it like crazy. It got out of control and led to a friend's phone dying and missing an important phone call. Long story short, it was a complete misunderstanding but I got blamed for my friend's phone dying.

The end resulted me in losing two of my very good friends. To make matters worse, that same weekend I got sick with a cold and I had to stay in my dorm all weekend. That Friday started off on a high note, but everything collapsed and began going downhill. But I managed to stay positive. I kept my head up high and started talking to my other friends that I hadn't gotten to see often and decided to hangout with them. I even got to make a few new friends.

I am not trying to say or imply that you will not have bad days or that the good days will go away forever. Rather, a day may start off as a good day, but unfortunately, bad days will arise when you least expect them to. But what you have to do is remain positive. You have to keep your head up high and say to yourself that you can keep going. Just hangout with the people who truly care about you and never forget your loved ones who would do anything for you.

The song by Selena Gomez "Kill 'em with kindness" comes to mind. Which is the best way to get revenge on someone who only wants to make you feel sad or bring you down is to show them that you are the bigger person. You are wiser and stronger so you just have to keep going one step at a time. Listen to some of your favorite music and wear a smile on your face. Finally, know that your better then this and nothing can keep you down. And always remember your loved ones because even though they may be back at home, they are still with you every step of the way.