3 Simple Tips For When You Can't Get Out Of Bed Due To Crippling Mental Illness
Food Drink

Start with the three basics. That's all, there are three essentials you need to do to remain healthy and hygienic. And you can do them all right from your bed.

139

1. Eat/Drink Water

We all need to eat and some of us don't have the will to get out of our bed. Here are some hacks: keep nonperishable food items by your bed. Get some Chef Boyardee cans in your favorite pasta (you can have a can opener and eat it out of the can), if it's a really bad day. Granola bars! Self explanatory and always a good idea to keep them within reach. Keep water bottles by your bed.

2. Change Your Clothes

AT LEAST YOUR UNDERWEAR!

A whole change of clothes is ideal but some days you can't pull it together and get a whole outfit and that's okay, just strive for at least changing your underwear. Have a bag of clean underwear next to your bed for easy access.

3. Brush Your Teeth

SO many people's teeth decay when they're depressed as they're less likely to brush and floss. Keep a water bottle so you can brush your teeth and have something to spit it into. Mouthwash and flossers are also great to have at your bedside. If you can't bring yourself to brush your teeth it's okay, try for tomorrow and do some mouthwash.

Last of all: Take it easy on yourself. You used mouthwash only today? That's an accomplishment. Didn't change today for the 5th day in a row but you put new underwear on? That's an accomplishment. You could only stomach a granola bar or have been eating out of cans for says, that's okay because you're at least eating!