Life Is Not Always Smooth Sailing, So Here Are 5 Simple Steps To Help Survive It

The five step survival guide to living your best life.

1049
Swing

How can you live your best life? To start, please, remove yourself from the negativity that surrounds you and have a positive mindset in order to be blessed.

Living your best life is not always going to be a dozen roses, a box of chocolate, or a cakewalk in the park, but living your best life is something that can be accomplished. It should be etched across your forehead for all the outside world to see, so that many won't come at you negatively, and if they do, you will already know how to handle yourself under pressure and that is in a positive manner in order to achieve and live your best life. I suggest these five easy steps:

1. Removing negativity

Bence Balla-Schottner on Unsplash

2. Creating a positive mindset

Monique Carrati on Unsplash

3. Aligning yourself with supportive people

4.  Reacting positively to negativity

Johannes Plenio on Unsplash

5. Performing an attitude check

Remember life is not going to be easy all the time, but the key to survival is that your troubles will not last always. You can live your best life to the best of your ability by living within positivity and always following your own dreams.

You have to remember that life begins with you, develop within your own thoughts, and it continues to grow with your actions and should progress further with your reactions to the outside world. Many of us, however, don't handle situations correctly in a positive manner. We are programmed by our environment to react negatively instead of being calm and proceeding properly. I often ask why individuals have to feel like they have something to prove?

As a college freshman, it helps to perform an attitude check. Please allow me to explain because in the midst of adjusting to a new environment, stresses of college life, or holding down a J. O. B., we all sometimes go through troubling times. We often find ourselves overwhelmed and emotionally falling apart over many things that are out of our control. If we do a simple attitude check, it can help us put things into perspective.

I have always been taught to think before I speak, and more so before I react, and to always weigh the pros and cons in any given situation then proceed with making my decision based upon what I believe is best for me. If we make a rushed decision while being emotionally upset then more than likely we may just regret it.

However, if we take the opportunity to just breathe and think of the consequences of our actions then we can make a rational decision and be better off. Now, do you see how an attitude check works? Checking our attitude can save us a lot of stress, time, and in some cases money because how we respond to certain situations can lead us to legal troubles. Although I certainly hope your actions never escalate to this point because if it does then you are doing the attitude check all wrong.

I promise you that you can live your best life by checking your attitude at the door. You have nothing to prove to anyone but you do have a whole lot to prove to yourself, and that is for you to place yourself in the lane where you can see and project your best. To receive your best life, you must align yourself with those that encourage and support your dreams.

"A simple attitude check will save you a ton" -KMB