10 Survival Hacks Every College Student Should Live By

Ned should make a Survival Guide for college students.

178
Pixabay.com

College is a stressful time for everyone.

No matter how much sleep you get, you still wake up feeling like you need another 12 hours of sleep.

So here are 10 survival hacks that every college student should live by:

1. Bring one month worth of underwear

You may think that you have time to do laundry, but in reality, you really don't. Sometimes you may not even have the money to do laundry because you decided to buy extra snacks with your laundry money.

2. Bring your own mini fridge

You may think that you're doing you and your roommate a favor by only using one mini fridge, but when you're trying to fit your leftover chicken salad in the fridge along with your roommates 50,000 thousand drinks, you'll regret not buying your own mini fridge. Plus you can end up overstuffing your fridge and eventually break it.

3. Buy snacks!!!

When you have friends over for a late night study session, and you're craving Cheez-Itz, you're going to really wish you had some Cheez-Itz.

4. Bring a sewing kit, even if you don't know how to sew.

If you're like me, accident-prone, you're bound to rip one or two articles of clothing. Bring a sewing kit because at least one of the people down your hall will know how to at least somewhat sew.

5.Invest in a planner

It's a great way to keep track of all of your school work and a good way to make sure that you won't forget any of your assignments. If you don't have at least one way of keeping your schoolwork due dates organized, your life can end up pretty messy.

6. Stay on top of your homework

Homework piles on fast, if you push homework off until the next day, you'll 100% regret it.

7. Buy a mattress pad

You spend a lot of time in your bed, so you're going to want it to be comfy. But make sure it's not too comfy or else you'll never want to get out of bed.

8. Buy a lap desk

You're not going to always want to sit at your desk and do homework, a lap desk allows you to sit in your comfy bed and do homework. Plus dorm rooms tend to be really small. So, if you're sitting at your desk next to your roommate while they are doing homework, you both can feel really cramped.

9. Join clubs/groups on campus

Make the most of your college experience. You're not paying thousands of dollars to sit in your dorm room and study all the time, you're also paying for the experience. Go out and have fun!

10. Make friends with the least expected people

Having a diverse friend group is awesome. You learn so many new things and you meet people you never thought that you would be friends with.