Support Your Lift Sister

Support Your Lift Sister

Making the gym a positive experience and environment for all women.

5
Support Your Lift Sister

Dear Gym Sisters,

It isn’t always easy coming in here every day. Sometimes I don’t. But I know when I need that motivational kick in the behind you are there, just a text away. You inspire me to do and want better. We can lean on each other and encourage the other. We have different goals, but the drive and determination to reach those goals is the same. That is one of the many reasons I adore you. We can bounce ideas off each other and know that if something doesn’t sound right that the other will say something. Sets and reps, lifting heavy or light, we’ve done some research into what is needed to attain our goals and want to share that knowledge with one another.

There is already so much hate and drama in the world, and for most the gym is a nerve-wracking place to go. People don’t feel like they know enough to go to the gym and get a successful workout in, let alone have the confidence to walk in and just dive right into the thick of people grunting and lifting and sweating. And sadly enough women can be the cruelest. Not cutting ourselves a break, let alone complaining or trashing other ladies. The gym needs to be a safe place to go. And that’s why I know, when I see my ladies lifting, I can go up to them and interact and not feel judged. I can reach out to them to spot a particularly heavy lift that I’ve been working on. Or I can ask advice on a new movement or workout that I’m trying. I can get the advice and tips on positioning, technique, and form. My gym sisters are my rocks, and I want to share our connections and love and support with every other woman in the gym. Because we’re all there fighting for the same goal; to better ourselves. True, it might all break down differently, if someone is training for a competition or someone else is just trying to work off that fourth taco. But regardless of what the smaller goals are, there should never be the threat of judgment in the gym. So please. Ask for help. When I see my girls in the gym, I am that much prouder, because I know we are winning a fight with ourselves to be better.

So to my gym sisters; we’re in this together. Whether we’ve been friends for years, or only ever seen each other in passing, because we happen to go to the gym every day at the same time, we’re a team. We have enough drive and passion to get to the gym. From there let’s put down our egos and our judgments. Put aside the snarky comments and the snide remarks said just out of earshot. Just stepping through the doors at whatever time of day makes us part of a team and in order for us to be successful, we have to fight for one another.