25 Girls Tells You What Motivates Them To Work Out

I Asked 25 Girls What Motivates Them To Work Out And What They Said Will Get You To The Gym Stat

1. "I watch Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders make the team." - Gym Shark

1836

It's hard to feel motivated to go to the gym. Especially when you have things like Netflix, Hulu, beds, food, and blankets existing in the world. I always plan on going to the gym, but somehow find some excuse to get out of it. Whether it's being too tired or not wanting to get sweaty, I have used it all.

That's why I asked other girls how they manage to hit the gym. The answers varied but we all could agree that hitting the gym can be hard sometimes. But if you persist, and just get up and go, you'll be glad you got out of your bed. Check out how these girls motivate themselves to hit the gym.

*Companies listed at the end of statements are the girls' preferred brand*

1. "I watch Dallas Cowboy cheerleader's make the team." - Gym Shark

2. "The knowledge that I'll be able to eat more later in the day." - Under Armor

3. "Personally, I have to make peace with my body before I make a change in my body..."

"I have to be totally okay and comfortable in my skin so that I am working out for the right reasons. I motivate myself to work out by having a desire to be strong. I want to be able to climb higher, run faster, live a little better... it has nothing do to with changing the way I look. I truly believe that if you are going to the gym because you hate the way you look, you will never stick to it. You will become exhausted and it will never be enough. The belief that you are loved and worthy of being seen is the most important step in any physical journey." - Fabletics for their Ethics

4. "Girl, I don't work out." - Any brand that has elastic waistbands

5. "The reward after: Ice-cream." - Goodwill

6. "I go to places that are pretty so I can enjoy nature." - Target

7. "I just want to be healthy and not let my health prevent me from doing stuff. Also, so I can eat more pancakes and still fit my clothes." - Target

8. "Making a set plan and routine." - Old Navy but wishes she had cool workout gear like Fabletics

9. "It's hard for me to get motivated..."

"My friends and family really motivate me. It's easier if I have someone to go with, or if I feel my body really needs it and feel really gross I'll force myself to go to the gym. I just need to remind myself it is important to stay healthy." - Target

10. "My mental health motivates me to work out. It helps eases my anxiety and overall makes me feel healthier." - Ellie Activewear

11. "I just look at my fat, lazy dog and realize I don't want to be that." - Material Girl

12. "Definitely having a workout partner..."

"If my husband didn't wake me up in the morning and encourage me to come work out with him, I probably would never work out!" - Nike

"Go to the gym with a plan..."

"I follow a couple inspiring fitness accounts on Instagram who post their workouts and I use those as my guide. If the workouts are too advanced, I make my own modifications." - Old Navy and Target

14. "I have a workout planned and I follow a lot of Instagram accounts!" - Gymshark Leggings 4 Life

15. "I don't have enough self-control to eat healthy all the time so I have to work out to balance it. #DoItForTheCookies" - Nike's Clearance

16. "I don't actually work out, but I should." - Lululemon Legs

17. "Pre-workout is what motivates me. One glass of that and I am pumped and ready to run ten miles." - Adidas Junky

18. "Having a schedule made in advance for the week/month, feeling confident, and relieving physical pain by staying active." - Under Armor

19. "My upcoming wedding is a pretty good motivation in itself." - Fabletics and Old Navy

20. "Seeing other people's progress ad how they look. Working out also makes me feel like my life is put together." - Fabletics

21. "The endorphins I get." - Fabletics or Nike

22. "I want to be healthy physically and mentally..."

"I have never regretted going to the gym as it always clears my head and makes the endorphins flow." – GCU t-shirt and random workout shorts

23. "My dog..."

"...because he likes being walked and won't leave me alone unless I get off the couch and walk him." – Whatever I find on Amazon

24. "The fact that every year of college so far, I have gained 15 pounds. #Freshman15ALWAYS" - Whatever I find on Amazon

25. "God motivates me to take care of my body and give glory to Him no matter what I'm doing..."

"It's less about being skinny and having abs and more about doing what He made my body capable to do." - Dressed in the Holy Spirit