15 Supplies Every Accounting Major Needs To Have In Their Backpack Daily

Having the right school supplies for class is important.

6334
https://unsplash.com/photos/KigTvXqetXA

Having the right school supplies for class is important. However, the things you need for accounting class can sometimes be a little different and unexpected compared to the supplies for other classes. Although the supplies for accounting class may seem like the supplies for kindergarten, having exactly what you need will change your organization and note-taking game for the better. Here is a list of school supplies every accounting major should have in their backpack on the daily. This is a list of the things that may have seemed babyish or unnecessary, but will totally make a difference in your work. Honestly, every organized college student should probably have these things on hand.

1. Colored Pens

Colored pens help to keep notes organized.

These Muji pens are definitely on the list of things you need for an accounting class, especially if it is your first time taking one. Multiple colors allow you to separate things into categories, like debits and credits.

2. Planner

The Happy Planner is just so cute!

I finally invested in a Happy Planner and I can honestly say it is one of the best things I have ever spent money on. The pages are huge and removable making it super easy to neatly track everything you need to in a week. Plus, there are stickers specifically designed to fit the planner. Check out my article here, on how to bring your planner to the next level.

3. Post-its

Post-its make great reminders.

Post-its are one of the MOST important supplies for accounting class. You're gonna need these for sure. Post-its are the best way to mark up your notes and leave comments for your future self without making a total mess in your notebook.

4. Highlighters

Highlighters help make finding things in your notes much easier.

Color coordinating your highlighting can make life much easier when you need to find something. These cool pastel highlighters from Stabilo are super unique and a little easier on the eyes than traditional highlighters.

5. Calculators

A calculator can be the most important tool in your backpack.

The TI-84 seriously changed my life. It has so many capabilities, I can't even think of anything else I would need. Honestly, though, I own two other calculators (a financial calculator and a basic one) because different professors will require or forbid certain features.

6. Pencils

Sparkly pencils are life.

I'm a big fan of mechanical pencils, especially these sparkly ones. It's so much easier to not have to worry about sharpening pencils before class, or carrying one around with you. Besides, pencils are definitely one of the most important supplies for accounting class.

7. Erasers

Prismacolor magic erasers are the best.

You're gonna make some mistakes, thats life. A good eraser is important to fix your notes right up.

8. Ruler

Clear rulers make it easier to line things up and keep notes neat.

I LOVE THIS RULER. Having a ruler or straight edge on hand makes drawing charts 100x easier. Plus its clear, so you can see exactly what you're doing.

9. Index Cards

Sometimes quizlet just doesn't cut it and you need a real flashcard.

Any index card will do really, just make sure you have them. There are so many things to memorize in accounting you'll find yourself reaching for flashcards frequently.

10. Resume

Having a spare copy of your resume is great for when you're in a rush.

I always keep a spare copy of my resume on hand. There have been countless times that I have forgotten about an event I had to go to or there's been a class assignment I needed this for.

11. Stapler

Mini staplers are great for when you're in a bind.

Having a mini stapler is great for when you have to panic print an assignment. Teachers don't like not having assignments stapled, so always make sure you're on their good side by keeping one of these on deck.

12. Paper Clips

Paper clips help you to keep content from chapters together and organized.

Put paper clips on the list of things you need for accounting class too. Paper clips help you to organize notes, homework and handouts by chapter.

13. White Out

White-Out Tape is way neater than traditional white-out.

For the rare occasion, I decide to use a pen I ALWAYS misspell stuff. White-out tape never dries out, never makes a mess and you never have to wait for it to dry.

14. Extra Lead

Extra lead key to being prepared.

The one downside to using mechanical pencils is that eventually they run out of lead. I always carry extra lead with me because I've totally run out during an important exam or assignment and its just unnecessary stress.

15. Pain Killers

It's hard to concentrate in class when you aren't feeling well. Keeping pain killers on hand can help make your life a little easier.

College is rough. You're gonna show up to class more than one day with a headache or feeling bleh. Carrying pain killers is a good idea for those kinda days.