8 Reasons Why Sunday Is, Undeniably, The Worst Day Of The Week

8 Reasons Why Sunday Is, Undeniably, The Worst Day Of The Week

If you like Sundays you are wrong.

307

Every Monday it is typical to see posts from people complaining about the fact that it is Monday. There are always posts of dread about the day, but there aren't many posts complaining about any other day. This is a huge issue for me, let's talk about the real issue at hand. People are ignoring the ~actual~ worst day of the week. Sunday. The day that is absolutely terrible, yet no one seems to acknowledge it. Here are 8 reasons Sundays are the absolute worst.

1.   You have to do laundry 

When I was in elementary school and high school Sunday was the day my family did laundry. I hated seeing the large pile of clothes that needed to be folded and put away. I always knew deep down that they wouldn't be put away, and I would have them strung about my room by the end of the week until the next Sunday rolled around, and they would be washed again.

2. There is nothing good on T.V. 

All day tv is either filled with a boring sporting event or paid programming that you don't really care about. Even if you watch "Keeping Up with The Kardashians" the new episodes don't start until 9 which means the whole 21 hours of Sunday before that are boring.

3. The day usually consists of homework 

Because the Friday and Saturday are unarguably the best two days of the week, nothing, if anything, productive is accomplished these two days. This means Sunday is strictly business, which consequently makes it suck.

4. You are given a day to reflect on your choices from the weekend

Sunday for me is just an extra day where you can't really do anything fun, but you also feel bad not doing anything. Typically, Sundays consist of thinking of the money spent or negative choices made over the weekend.

5. You think about everything you have to do that week 

When you are doing homework you typically take a break to look at the upcoming week, and when you realize all you have to do you are filled with a feeling of dread. I don't think this means that people are lazy when they dread all the tasks they have to accomplish, but I think it's super natural to see your week planned out and be stressed.

6. Time goes extra fast on Sunday 

Obviously, this isn't scientifically proven or anything, but I swear time on Sunday flies by. At one point it's 10 a.m., and then you blink and it's 7 p.m. and the laundry still isn't done.

7. Sunday feels so far from Friday 

Even though technically Saturday is the furthest day from Friday, since Saturday is fun too it doesn't count. Sunday just marks the beginning of a new week and that means responsibility.

8. You know tomorrow is Monday 

If you want to hate Monday, fine. At least acknowledge Sunday's proximity to Monday makes Sunday pretty bad too.