The 4 Good And The 4 Bad Things About Summer Vacation

There are also many things that I would rather not deal with when going back home.

566

Summer, here we come! With only a few days left of my semester before the long-awaited four-month vacation, there are many things I am looking forward to. There are also many things that I would rather not deal with when going back home.

1. Good: the warmth!

This time of year lets me not have to wear a jacket outside anymore unless it's raining or something. It’s so nice to not have to wear a jacket just to run outside real quick. The same can be said for the shoes. I'm totally looking forward to not wearing socks for the majority of the summer.

2. Bad: the sunburn...

Remember to wear sunscreen at all times! But if you are lazy like I am. you attempt to take your chances and end up getting something really bad because of it. My family likes to refer to me as a vampire in the summer because of my fear of the sun. Really, it’s because I don’t feel like putting on sunscreen.

3. Good: the traveling!

It’s so great to have so much extra time on your hands to be able to take a road trip if you wanted to. It’s nice to get a change of scenery and to just have a good time if you feel like it.

4. Bad: the summer job…

While my job over the summer is a really good one, a lot of the jobs people have to get over the summer just kind of suck. Like food service, no thanks, I admire all of you, but Jesus, that's a tough job. Retail is even worse. Working six days of the week, not for me. It’s nice, I’m sure, to make bank, but summer jobs kind of suck your summer up.

5. Good: the friends from home!

It’s so exciting to see your friends from home again finally after being without them for several months. You guys have so much time to spend with each other to catch up and just goof around before you all have to go back again. As you get older, you are able to do so much more with your friends than you were before, so you have a lot more freedom and have so much more fun.

6. Bad: the college friends…

You definitely miss your college friends throughout your summer. The time you spent all year, especially all those late nights, are times that will make you want to come running back to school.

7. Good: the family!

It’s so nice to see all of the family you have been missing. You finally get to go to all family functions and don’t feel as left out anymore.

8. Bad: the babysitters…

With the family comes everyone wanting to know your business always. Not that it’s a bad thing, but being home is always hard because you know you managed just fine without having to tell your family where you were going all of the time. It sucks because you shouldn't need someone on your every move.