Summer Makeup Musts

Summer Makeup Musts

Keep your makeup looking light and glowy.

9
Summer Makeup Musts

I am an avid lover of all things makeup, but there comes that time of year when a smokey eye and winged liner feel as though they're just melting off my face. However, over the years, I have found multiple tricks and products to ensure that this doesn't happen. Here are just a few that I would like to share with you.

1. Moisturizer.

Moisturizer is a must for me on the daily, but especially during the summer. Keep your skin happy and healthy after a long day out in the sun with a moisturizer. My favorite is First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream; it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and new.

2. A brightening highlight.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F05%2F25%2F6359981551856758381112279093_images%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQe7Ro_Ib5WYImMZbvlge3-_2LTBjQzU5qy5QnR73YUAcrHeaTG&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=359&h=5ebdd75b79fac0898a7e9ae76121c5a31a936c034cba64336f599f14013e6411&size=980x&c=1171536699 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F05%252F25%252F6359981551856758381112279093_images%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcQe7Ro_Ib5WYImMZbvlge3-_2LTBjQzU5qy5QnR73YUAcrHeaTG%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D359%26h%3D5ebdd75b79fac0898a7e9ae76121c5a31a936c034cba64336f599f14013e6411%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1171536699%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

A strong highlight will leave you looking fresh for the summer. Whether it's a liquid or a powder, this is a must for the summer. It will leave your skin looking bright and dewy.

3. A bronze-y glow.

I am not one to get tan in the summer, so a bronzer is definitely helpful in making me look like I've gotten a sun-kissed glow.

4. Waterproof mascara.

Waterproof mascara is a must if you're planning on taking a refreshing dip in the water; you don't want to come out with makeup smeared down your face. The best part? Most brands make waterproof versions of their mascaras, so you're sure to find one that is to your liking.

5. Liquid liner.

I don't know about you, but eyeliner and eyeshadow in the summer just feel like they melt right off my face in the hot, summer sun. The Kat Von D Tattoo Liners are the perfect fix for this problem. Once it's applied, it doesn't move all day. It's the perfect tool for creating your winged liner in the summer.

6. Oil-blotting sheets.

Oil-blotting sheets are my savior in the summer. Instead of caking your face with powder throughout the day, take an oil-blotting sheet to remove any excess oil. It not only leaves your skin looking better, it is also much healthier to let your skin breathe rather than applying more product.

7. No-makeup days.

It is important during the summer, or any time really, to let your skin breathe. So make sure you wash your face every night, and leave a day or two in which you wear no makeup at all.

8. Sponges. Not brushes.

In the summer, I tend to reach for my Beauty Blender rather than my usual foundation brush. A wet sponge requires me to use a bit less product, and it also leaves my skin looking a bit more fresh and glowy as opposed to when I use a brush.

9. Primer.

A primer is a must-have in the summer. It gives the face the base it needs to avoid the pores from being clogged and it allows the makeup to stay in place throughout the day.