I'm Taking Summer Classes, And Honestly? Not Mad About It

Staying in school through the summer has allowed me to graduate an entire year early, even transferring universities.
147

Ahhh, that lovely summer break of one week. Yes, that's right... one week. I had a one week break because I'm doing this thing called "taking summer classes." And, honestly, I'm not even mad about it.

Staying in school through the summer has allowed me to graduate an entire year early, even transferring universities. It also has allowed me to get some general education classes or other graduation requirements done in a shorter amount of time.

Don't love the fact that you have to take a math class? Get it done in six to eight weeks instead of 16! Doesn't that sound great?

Summer is also a great time to take "that class." You know, the one in your major that has a reputation of being the hardest class in the history of hard classes. By taking it in the summer, you can focus completely on that class, which allows you the freedom to really invest what it takes to get an A!

It also keeps me focused because I'm constantly studying. For some, this may sound exhausting, but isn't it more exhausting when you have to get back into a routine every fall semester after months off and away from studying?

Campus is also quieter, so I'm able to study easier and get my work done in a much more timely manner when I don't hear people screaming every other second down the hallway.

I'm not spending my summer this way because I failed a course or fell behind, I'm spending my summer this way because I want to. Classes are smaller, you can get ahead, campus is quieter and the overall experience is just better.

Summer sessions often allow for a lot of online class selections as well so in some cases, you can even go home for the summer still, live your life, intern, work, go on vacation etc--all while earning credits!

Taking summer classes isn't really that bad. Sure, I may have only had a week-long summer break, but I also get to save an entire year's tuition.