James Harden's Historic Season

Houston Rockets star shooting guard James Harden is having a historically efficient season, as we all know by now. The reigning NBA MVP has set yet another record to add to his already impressive résumé as he seeks to claim the award for a second consecutive season. Harden has now scored 30 or more points against all 29 of the other teams in the league this season, the first time this feat has ever been achieved in a single season. He has already accomplished the second-highest streak of games with 30 or more points in NBA history behind NBA legend Wilt Chamberlain's 65 and also has six games of 50 or more points this season. Harden has established himself as one of the best scorers in the NBA ever since the Oklahoma City Thunder traded him to Houston in 2012, and he is showing no signs of slowing down in the prime of his career at 29 years old.

The Rockets did not start the season well, compiling an 11-14 record and being 14th place in the Western Conference at one point. They are now in third place with a 45-26 record with 11 more games to play in their season. This has been largely due to Harden putting the team on his back and carrying them to victory with injuries to key role players like point guard Chris Paul. The Rockets have come into form over the past two weeks, winning nine of their last ten games and all but locking up a playoff seed. Houston would not be in this position without its seven-time All-Star and they could very well carry their season momentum into the postseason.

Harden's scoring accomplishments this season include leading the NBA in average points per game with 35.8, three-point shooting with 316 makes, and free throws with 655. It is quite difficult to argue Harden's MVP case at this point, and it will become even stronger if Houston makes a deep playoff run.