'Suicide Squad' Spoiler Free Review

'Suicide Squad' Spoiler Free Review

Living up to unreasonable expectations.

23
'Suicide Squad' Spoiler Free Review
movie pilot

"Suicide Squad" has gotten many bad reviews, from an awful review from The New York Timesto the annoyed review from Screen Rant. However, despite what these, and many other sites, thought of this new movie many of the fans are saying that is actually pretty okay. Rotten Tomatoes users have given the movie about a 4/5. Here is my spoiler free review for "Suicide Squad".

"Suicide Squad" had the chance to become the DC universe's shinning beacon of hope. It could have become as good as the "Avengers". With all the hype that as going around "Suicide Squad" I was really expecting something special. Unfortunately, this movie doesn't deliver as much as I hoped. At times the movie seemed like it was getting off course from what it should be actually focusing on. With jumpy flash backs and a seemingly never ending supply of slow motion shots this movie seemed to drag at points. The movie rushes through the introductions, which I wouldn't have minded if the movie delivered in other areas.

With a movie that is supposed to be about villains it sure didn't feel like it. I found myself almost forgetting that they were supposed to be villains. I'm not saying that they always should be fighting, but I guess I expected more from them. The humor was fine at best and reminded me of the easy humor of the "Avengers". I wanted it to have darker comedy that would really go with the dark brooding universe that it lives in.

The action sequences were solid. There were cool acrobatic sequences as well. The acting was good and you can clearly see that some of the actors got really into their roles. I think that my favorite character in this movie was Harley Quinn (played by Margot Robbie). I think that Margot did a really good job portraying her character and seemed to put a lot emotion and thought into how she wanted to portray her character. The costumes were good and (in my limited knowledge) stayed as close to some of the comic book costumes as movies can. Most of the other actors were nothing special, in my opinion.

However, despite all the bad reviews I don't think that it was as bad as some people were saying. I liked most of the acting, and the soundtrack was amazing. The soundtrack worked well with the movie, but I think that the it was edgier than the movie actually was. Without Lil Wayne, Skrillex, Imagine Dragons and many other artists this movie would have been dull and a lame reply to "Guardians of the Galaxy".

Overall, this movie could have been an amazing addition to the DC universe, however fell short. Not that this is a bad movie, but it had the opportunity to be better. I still think that it is a good addition to the universe and it ties in well with the other movies. I am excited to see how "Justice League" will tie into this.