How to Pack Your Car Successfully

How to Pack Your Car Successfully

6 Tips for Making the Most Out of a Smaller Car

8
How to Pack Your Car Successfully

After finishing my first two years at college, I believe I have mastered the art of packing all my things into my car for one big trip home. It can actually be much more complicated than you think. My dad has always been the "packer" in our family when leaving for vacations; from watching him I figured out the six steps to successfully loading up a car.

1. First things first, pack any large container you have with whatever can fit in it; for example, I put blankets and clothes hangers in my fridge.

2. Next, load in the bulky or large items; refrigerator, laundry basket, table, microwave, etc.

3. If you are like me, then you have a lot of clothes and shoes; these go in next because of how much I have.

6. Then, pack any other larger items or bags into the car; make sure to try to maximize space by filling in gaps with whatever fits.

5. You can put any extra items you have lying around in the passenger's seat because, at this point, there probably is not a lot of room left.

6. Blankets and pillows go in last because you can squeeze these items into small, cramped spaces.