8 Reasons You Should Subscribe To Googan Squad Channels

Just a group of outdoorsmen, a mansion, a soft bait company, and a few YouTube channels.

1313
Jackson Littleton

I grew up like every other backwoods country kid where I'm from bass fishing. We have a two-acre or so pond on our property and most of my memories as a kid are catching bass with my dad. As I got older, I started watching bass fishing on TV but in all reality, with all the ads and barely five minutes of fishing per 30 minutes block it really sucks.

Around 2015 to 2016 I started getting into watching fishing videos from bass fishing to deep sea on YouTube. No ridiculous ads other than typical YouTube adds and great fishing content. Back then I watched Jon B, fishing_with_flair, and apbassing.

These three guys help make up a larger group called Googan Squad. Here are a few reasons I subscribed and watch the different Googan channels:

1. Great Quality Fishing Content

The Googans make good fishing videos or at least the best you can make. Their videos are typically higher quality than most fishing shows on tv. They provide great views with go pros along with great commentary. For me, YouTube fisherman are my go-to with the better ideas and more effort they put in. With the views and excitement they feel, they make you really feel like you are there in on the action. The Googans also don't come across as too much of pros and are just everyday guys who decided to film their fishing adventures to the point they got a decent following.

2. The Locations

The Googans mainly travel around Texas, Nebraska and the Midwest, which is where they are mainly from. However, you will see them taking trips to Florida, the Bahamas, and even the Amazon. Back to the just everyday feel pond hopping around Texas, the Midwest, and Florida just feels like a normal fishing adventure to your common angler. I've found myself pond hopping across several states in the southeast so a video they make where I feel like I'm on one of my own from my couch is great.

Then they throw in a little extra seasoning with Saltwater fishing and trips to the Amazon. I'm no pro at saltwater but again, it's a type of fishing I love and would love to go on the trips to the Keys or Bahamas. It keeps me entertained and shows me new spots I may want to go to at some point.

However, for me, I'll never go fishing on the Amazon River but to see different content in wild locations draws me in and differentiates them from other channels and shows.

3. The Challenges

The challenges between the main channel and their personal channels vary. Most of their personal content generally has a time limit and or a different type of bait. I enjoy youtube fishing challenges. Whether it's must use a Barbie fishing rod (though that one is getting a little old), or using some of the wildest baits you can find( honestly my favorite because it really shows if a certain bait may or may not be worth the money and shows some wild attempts at fishing with crazy baits), or a time challenge (this one is the most realistic because the common angler only has a certain amount of time to fish before life's responsibilities come nagging back).

Their channels also contain catch, clean, cook challenges which I personally love because it shows you how to clean certain fish or animals and shows you new recipes. Changing over to the actual Googan Squad channel the challenges are typically a little different. While they still will have time limit videos or catch, clean, cool videos they throw in hot wing fishing trivia, what am I touching, what am I drinking, just wild stuff that's hilarious.

4. They teach you how to fish

Only one Googan is a former pro bass fisherman (LakeForkGuy), but they all are experienced anglers who fish as much as possible. Through their experiences, they have learned different tips and techniques that work most of the time but not all the time (it's called fishing and not catching for a reason). Their tips I get the most use out of is what bait to use at a certain time of the year, especially in spring around spawning and in fall when temps are cooling off. Other videos include how and when to use certain baits, what type of line, rod, reel, boat or shore. Personally, I have learned and caught a few fish from their videos.

5. They are just bros

Googan Squad is made up of Alex Peric (apbassing), Jonathan Barzacchini (Jon B), Andrew Flair (FLAIR), Robert Terkla (LunkersTV), and Justin Rackley (LakeForkGuy). I'll throw Scott Martin (Scott Martin) in their as well because he is one of the part founders of Googan Baits and often will fish with the members of Googan Squad.

Each guy is definitely different.

Peric, as he's commonly referred to, is a very hyper, slightly annoying little kid type. My wife isn't a big fan of his but I feel he adds the different more hyper sauce to the group and he knows what he's doing when it comes to fishing.

Jon B is my wife's favorite and to me, he is slightly awkward but funny and again, adds his own touch to the group with his different awkwardness.

Flair is my favorite of the group and is the jokester type of goober everyone loves and no matter how terrible he is doing at fishing he will keep you laughing.

Rob is ex-military and brings the tactical military vibe to the table but still is a great fisherman and outdoorsman.

Rackley is just a laid back kinda guy who's just there for a good time to fish and hang out.

Scott Martin is a pro bass fisherman and, according to my wife, a DILF (please don't kill me when you read this babe). Martin is the son of legendary pro bass fisherman Roland Martin and definitely brings great experience with him along with great looks of a Florida fisherman. Each has their own personality and with such different personalities, it really adds to the group to have someone for everyone.

6. They do more than just fishing 

Flair and Lunkers primarily both hunt during hunting season. Flair is a big time duck hunter and along with a fishing company, owns a duck and geese hunting apparel company as well. Flair sometimes will get into coyotes, squirrels, and sometimes beavers. For the real hunting look more for Lunkers to bring that content. Lunkers along with fishing has hunting videos of deer, elk, coyote, and hog hunting.

For someone who likes hunting, these two bring great content. Another reason Flair is my favorite other than being a goober is I love to duck hunt and watching his duck hunting videos I feel I'm there popping out of the blind and taking a few down myself. Lunkers also posts stories from his time at war if that's something that interests you, he has several that definitely interested me.

7. They have their own merchandise

Googan Squad as a whole has an apparel company as well as each squad member so you can rock your favorite channels gear as you fish or just in everyday life. Googan also has Googan Baits, a soft plastic company that has several amazing baits. Each member designed their own personal favorite bait from creature baits to slim shake worms to 10" mondo worms. I have picked up a couple of different ones offered in great colors as well and great scents and have had decent success. Several members also have rods they've designed in partnership with Favorite Rods. Favorite Rods is a great company even though I've yet to own one because they are slightly out of my price range but are still affordable. If you are into using frog baits Flairs Frog Flippin Stick by Favorite is definitely a go to rod.

8. Your girlfriend or wife will love the puppies 

Jon B and Flair both have dogs they feature in videos and on their Instagrams that your girl will fall in love with. Jon B has a dachshund named Lucky which you can tell her to follow on Instagram (luckypupdog). Flair has a mini golden doodle that can be followed (finnthefishindood) on Insta. Flair also just got a farm with a bunch of pigs, if your girl likes pigs and farm animals like mine does.

All in all, Googan Squad consists of multiple channels on youtube all with great content and family friendly. Next time you have the urge to fish or hunt but can't just flip on over to YouTube and you will definitely be entertained but you might learn a new technique as well.

Check into my upcoming articles as I release more guy-oriented articles.