Why Time Management Is So Important

Why Time Management Is So Important

The skill of time management and some of its uses.

12
Why Time Management Is So Important
lifehack.org

It's that time again, everyone, where we take our seats and begin another great semester of new classes. And with that, comes the grueling, but necessary, activity of studying. Whether we care for it or not, we all know that it is something that can make or break a college career. Along with studying, there is one more skill that goes along with it that is critical, and that is time management. We all use it in our daily lives, not just in school. "If I were to stop at the local Starbucks and get a cup of coffee, would I still be able to get to work on time?" is just one example. This skill is something that every human being needs to be able to do effectively in order for them to strive in their daily lives. Whether it is doing school work, a job, or just planning your day.

In the scope of academics, it is also necessary for survival. As a college student, we all have the problem of balancing our assignments and due dates with our work schedule and social life. Which is not that easy. One would rather hang out with their friends than write a 10-page paper, however, we know that paper comes first. Though, are ways to use time management to fix this problem. One way is by taking that 10-page paper and sectioning it into different parts, where you write on part of the paper one day and another section of it the next day, along with any other assignments that you have. This allows you to take your time with the assignment and slowly see how it comes together, while also fixing any changes that you feel need to be addressed. Something like this is likely if you were to do it the day before it is due. Along with papers, you can also use your time management skills with readings of textbooks and novels. You can section these readings into parts as well, allowing you to highlight or jot down any important information that you feel you need to know. By taking it slow, you can better understand and retain the information.

To be able to use time management in an effective way will allow you to have better control of your life, in terms of studies and the schedule of your day to day life. It will create a better sense of productiveness and show others that you know what needs to be done in a timely manner. Some say that there is never enough time, but with management of it, you will have time to spare.