As A Student Without A License, You Can't Rely On Others To Drive You
Travel

If You're A Student Without A License, You Can't Always Rely On Other People To Drive You

Picking me up must have taken time away to do the things that he needed to do.

69
Person driving their car

Compared to most college students, I am one of the only people that did not get their license yet and I have to take my driving exam soon. Driving is very important! Most of you who are reading this already know the reason why, but let me show you my perspective on its importance.

All of my friends had their licenses during senior year. When I had to attend hangouts, asking my friends to drive me to places was fine at first. Later on, it got very annoying. There were times when my friends cannot drive me to places because of restrictions and laziness. I did not go to a few hangouts because I wanted to lessen the trouble in asking my friends to drive me. I am not saying that they were selfish, but there are some things for me to keep in mind when it comes to driving. As a result, I persuaded my parents to teach me how to drive and they agreed after I told them about my situation. I learned how to drive throughout the summer time and I have to take the exam next month.

One true fact about me is that I am a commuter. Commuting is nice especially when going back to your comfortable bed and eating healthy homemade food. However, I still have to depend on myself when coming home. My mother usually picks me up after she returns from work, but it is still hard for her because picking us up takes away her time to cook dinner. There's also my sister's boyfriend who picks me up from college as well. Picking me up must have taken time away to do the things that he needed to do. Maybe it is best that I get the driving exam done with by the first try.

Someday, we will go somewhere and who will help us get there? The answer is only us. Everyone has their own lives and we should not disturb anyone who is busy. Once I receive my license from the driving exam, I will do what it takes to drive on the road. If my friends invite me to another hangout, I am going to drive myself to the hangout. I will help others if needed, but I have to see if getting to their address is safe or dangerous before I decide to help them.

No matter what, I must be the one to control the wheel because I am the only one that can move myself to my desired destination.