To My Struggling Best Friend

To My Struggling Best Friend

"For every dark night, there's a brighter day." -Tupac

88
To My Struggling Best Friend
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/08/23/636391047748841117-62443220_JNJW9658.jpg

All of our closest friends struggle sometimes, but sometimes there are just no right words to make it all okay. Words can not always work magic in terrible situations, but the effort is always worth a shot.

Dear You,

I can only imagine that this is all piling on top of you so quickly. I can only imagine the confusion and the questions swirling around in your mind. I can only imagine the redness of your eyes and the knots in your stomach. I can only imagine the pain in your chest when you lay your head down at night. I can only imagine your worry about this new world you are about to enter.

Darling, I know that it seems like there are so many reasons to give up right now. I know that it seems like there are so many broken pieces and new voids to fill. One thing I can promise you is that there is so much love and happiness surrounding you to pick up all those pieces and put them back together. No, they will not be put back the exact same way, but who says that change is not a good thing sometimes? Even if you feel a void there, my dear, no one has to fill it. Eventually, the void will be filled by new memories and adventures with those were around to restored your broken pieces. Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to, and you just have to trust that. You just have to trust me.

I know that it feels like you have gone through a life time of experiences already, but you still have so much life to live. If there is one thing I want to ask of you, it is that you never give up on this journey. As you have taught me, in my darkest hours, there is so much to look forward to. As cliche as that sounds, you were right.

Right now, as much as I know you want to, you do not have to have the maturity of someone twice your age. You do not always have to put on that brave face of yours. You do not have to pretend like everything is okay, because I know that right now it is not. I promise you, sweetheart, I will do everything in my power to make sure this turns out just fine.

One night very soon will fall asleep will that big smile on your face, once again. As you close your eyes, you will forget all about the painful details this time has brought you. You will be able to sleep through the night once more and dream of what someday will look like. It is beautiful; more beautiful than you could ever imagine.

I love you, Jess xx