Being The Girl Who Is 'Not Skinny' But Also 'Not Fat'

7 Struggles Of Being The Girl Who Is 'Not Skinny' But Also 'Not Fat'

Society teaches us to not let people label us, but we all know that we do.

50058
Katie Frego

Because we all need another reason to overthink!

1. Constantly overthinking comments like "You look so thin!"

Overthinking Mind: "Do I really look that thin? I haven't lost any weight. I've actually haven't gained weight either but I can't look that different. Are they just trying to be nice? People only comment on how thin people look when they used to be fat. Do they think I'm fat? Or at least did I used to be?"

2. Jeans.

Because asking a girl who isn't skinny but isn't fat what size they wear is impossible to answer. Our weight fluctuates so much that we could be taking a different size every other week.

3. Wondering how people label you.

Okay, let's be honest. Society teaches us to not let people label us, BUT we all know that we do. We wonder what people think of us, and us "not skinny, not fat" girls wonder how people label our body. Skinny? Fat? Average? On a scale of 1-10 would you be higher if you were skinnier? Maybe they don't think anything of us, but they probably do.

4. You can't categorize yourself with the standard body types.

Apple, pear, hourglass or rectangle... None of them suit you. How do you label a person who has short, muscular, but not thin legs, a bit of a stomach, curves with no bones sticking out, no breasts but only weighs 150 pounds?

5. Going dress shopping.

Do I even have to explain how difficult it is to shop for a dress? Do I get a dress that flows to hide my hips, or do I get a more form fitting dress to show off my tiny waist? What about my legs? I don't want people to see above my knees but my calves are okay... Ugh.

6. Online Shopping.

Just no.

7. Feeling Insecure.

You're not skinny, but you're not fat. So what are you supposed to think of yourself?