The 3 Struggles Of Any College Student

The 3 Struggles Of Any College Student

The four or plus years in college are the most awful, best, self-knowledge filled, and wisdom learning years of any person’s life.

26
The 3 Struggles Of Any College Student
Unsplash

These three things are three aspects of any college student’s life. Whether you are away from home or still living at home, you will experience all three of these things during your time in college.

Napping was a pain when we were in kindergarten, but in college a nap is a blessing. Whether it’s in your bed, in the hallway, or in your favorite corner of the library, you never pass up a nap. Taking classes in college can be hard, especially the lectures. From 8am lectures to those 2pm classes in the afternoon, it’s exhausting. Then you go home, and work more on the subjects you may or may have not been paying attention to in class. For the many college students who have a job or multiple jobs really understand the struggle of the forever exhaustion. You go to class, go to work, and then come home late at night or early in the morning, to maybe get a few hours of shut eye, then get up to repeat the process again. Then if you have roommates, it can get worse than just a few hours. If your roommate or roommates are on a different schedule, staying up to their noises, can cut your sleep down. College student’s life is busy, along with the stress, many college students don’t have sleep as a priority. Don’t take any time for shut eye for granted. The light at the end of the tunnel, after college, there will be a lot more time to get yo sleep on.

Food! As a person who loves food more than most things on the earth, this has been my biggest struggle in college. As a college student, food and feeding yourself is never easy. One particular reason, you may not be the best cook, and that’s okay. Some people don’t know how to make food, without occasionally setting the kitchen on fire. The fire department is the last people you want showing up in front of the apartment building. If you’re still at home, always take advantage of the food supplied by the parents. Away from home, students resort to cheap, easy meals. As if you didn’t have enough time to sleep, then how will you have time to eat? Not knowing where your next meal is coming from, it’s hard, but you learn to be grateful for the food you can get your hands on. Take advantage of free activities on campus that give away food. Go eat free food, and meet some new people. Take advantage of the holidays where other people cook for others. There is no shame in taking home multiple tubberwares after the holidays, always be the first one in line to take the left-overs off a person! No shame in the hunger games!

Bills Bills Bills. Stay at home, college students, and even away from home college students, both know about this. Whether it’s for gas, food, rent, or for school, the money you owe has a way of piling up. The first part of the semester is by far the most expensive! Tuition is always pricy and feels like your soul is being ripped out every payment you have to make. Let’s not even get started on textbooks! You pay all this money for tuition for classes you have to take, then have to pay hundreds of dollars on textbooks for that class, you’re already paying for. Textbooks ARE not cheap! Some textbooks don’t even help you out with the class! Textbooks suppliers definitely have us wrapped around their fingers. College students definitely understand the meaning of being broke!

Through all three of these major struggles of being a college student, it’s almost as a rite of passage. The four or plus years in college are the most awful, best, self-knowledge filled, and wisdom learning years of any person’s life. Through all these things, you learn how to better yourself. You learn what’s it’s like to be an adult, but still have the crutch of being a student. Enjoy the struggle! You will be successful, full, and happy!