10 Struggles Every Long Haired Girl Understands

Long Hair, Don't Care (Most of The Time)

2157
Women Pro Health

Having long hair is not an easy thing to do. Some might even consider it a full-time job. There are lots of problems that come with it and certainly lots of things we have to deal with. We just don’t “look pretty” for a living, there’s a story behind our hair.

Welcome to our (knotty and messy) world.

1. You Know the Panic of Going to The Hair Salon All Too Well

Will the hairdresser cut my hair too short? What if I don't like it? Yes. I know I've already told you I only want half an inch to be cut off, but just as a reminder I'll keep repeating myself 100 times more. Once the damage is done, it's done. Let's avoid that.

2. Brushing Your Hair Is a Full-Blown Arm Workout

We are not Ariel, trying to brush her hair with a fork and stuff. We would bend that thing in a second. Instead, we're a little more like Rapunzel. Taking 20 minutes to brush our whole head of hair and having breaks in between because we need to rest our arms. We get you, girl.

3. Knots, Knots, Knots

Ugh, the trouble we go through to keep up with this hair. Not only does it take forever to brush it, but after going at it for a while (and having broken a hairbrush and a half), we can still find knots in our hair that we'll never get out.

Also, forget about braiding. The tangles will always be in our way. We give up at this point.

4. Breaking. Every. Single. Hair. Tie. You. Own.

We can buy the "100 Hair Elastics Value Pack" and still manage to snap half of them in a week. Oh, and when we finally take the hair tie off, it's possible that a lovely lock of our hair is stuck on it.

5. Taking a Shower and Being Able to Make a Full Wig with All the Hair You Left Behind

Is that a small animal in the drain? No. It's just our hair. We're sorry to everyone who has ever had to share a bathroom with us. Our utmost sincere and candid apologies.

6. Hair-Slapping Everyone On Accident When You're Trying to Get Your Hair Out of the Way

That wasn't on purpose! (Or was it?). There's nothing funnier than hearing the person behind you go ugh after you flip your hair and it got all up in his/her face. They don't even say anything else, because they know. Honestly, we're not even sorry at this point. It is how it is. Deal with it.

7. Say No to Rolled Down Windows

Long hair and rolled down windows are not a match made in heaven. In fact, they're like water and oil. Do. not. mix. If you're driving us, don't expect us to respond back to your conversation, as we will be too busy getting hair out of our mouths.

8. Getting Your Hair Stuck. Everywhere.

It doesn't matter where we are or what we're doing, you better bet our hair is getting stuck somewhere. I personally find it extremely fun when I get my hair caught on the car door when I close it, on my sunglasses or the ever-so-popular back of a chair. Really loved leaving my personal mark in those school chairs back in High School.

9. Spending Ages On Your Hair to Look Presentable

We know very well that in order to not have a bird's nest for hair, we need to do something with it. And it takes such a long time.

10. Wanting to Cut Your Hair and Instantly Regretting It Because You Love It Too Much

Hair: you're so high maintenance that sometimes I simply want you gone. I'm sorry for wanting to get rid of you sometimes. You know I love you and I would be nothing without you.

Yes, you might be a burden sometimes, but at the end of the day I wouldn't be able to do this if I didn't have you:

Long live long locks.