6 Struggles Every Strawberry Blonde Deals With

Yes, we have souls.
1474

Are we really redheads? Or are we just blonde? Does it really matter? Probably not, but it's something I've grown to feel strongly about. Whether there is a right or wrong answer here, we still have daily occurrences that prove to be humorous problems about something as silly as our hair. Here are some problems every strawberry-blonde can relate to.

1. The obvious question asked: Are we redheads?

The answer to this question would be yes, we are. According to science, we still carry the MCR1 gene that all redheads have. Not to mention that the redhead scale is large with many different tones.

Starting with the lightest, being strawberry blonde, all the way to a dark mahogany like auburn. (Just a little science for ya). You can always bring this up in an argument about your hair.

2. People like to argue about what color your hair is.

It's kind of funny, to be honest.

"She has red hair!"

"No, dude it's totally blonde!"

3. Even though some people still argue over your hair color, you still are a "ginger."

This one is confusing and sort of offensive. Despite the mixed feelings about your hair, you are still the victim of the ginger jokes. And for all people that wonder, yes I have a soul and no, my freckles are not souls that I have stolen from other people. Haha.

4. People realize that you are a redhead once they see your family.

If you're like me, you come from a family FULL of redheads. Not every redhead is as lucky, but once most people see this, they tend to agree that I am indeed a redhead.

5. The infamous redheaded temper.

It most certainly exists and it is no different whether you have light red hair or fiery red hair. It still gets the best of all of us.

6. And last, but not least, the best thing to come out of all these struggles is that you learn to embrace your light red locks.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what other people think. You identify as yourself. You enjoy being different and are truly unique. Redheads are the unicorns of the world. Embrace it!