7 Struggles Of Being A Sports Fanatic: Girl Edition

No, I don't know the blood type of the Yankees' GM in 1976.

194

Being a woman in a male-dominated world is a struggle within itself. I can spend countless hours talking about how difficult women have it sometimes. We're just constantly subjected This isn't a cry for help, but simply some female sports fanatics like myself can relate to.

1. Getting Quizzed

Men assume that we know next to nothing about a sport and then go on to ask us trivia that no one knows the answer to. Guys LOVE to quiz you on the dumbest statistics. Stop being shallow, guys. Nobody knows the blood type of the Yankees' GM in 1976. I hate being asked questions like this. These type of questions just further prove that the general population of men want to undermine women's knowledge of sports. It just further proves my point that guys won't accept that girls can be sports fanatics too.

2. They think we do it for attention. 

1. Okay, I'll admit some of us girls go to sporting events with absolutely no knowledge of what's happening for a couple of hours straight. BUT, some of us live for football, basketball, and baseball. We are truly passionate about the sport itself. You know how guys get obsessed over Sunday Night Football? That was my best friend and I sitting in the lounge every Sunday with chips and queso (Tostitos, if you're reading this please sponsor me), getting pumped up for the game.

3. Ugh, a cheerleader?

Hannah Williamson

They assume that because I cheer, I'm standing there shaking my pom poms not knowing what the hell is going on. This isn't even a fair assumption. This is false. I've literally held practice for my teammates who embodied that exact trait to teach them about football. KNOW what you're cheering for. I become louder than the coach sometimes. I get really passionate and it's hard to keep a smile on my face when it's 4th and 1 and the quarterback decides to throw the ball. RUN. IT.

4. Not having Opinions

Yes, we will have insightful comments about players and games. I've spent my fair share of time arguing with some NBA accounts on Twitter. Maybe not my highest point, but I certainly regret nothing.

5. Bandwagoner?

We aren't just bandwagon fans. Yes, my best friend is a Warriors fan and I have a really tough time dealing (send prayers) with that, but we're here to compete! We're not Rockets fans because Chris Paul is a stud, we don't root for the Giants because Odell has cool dance moves. Our opinions are formulated just as everyone else's are. I grew up a Knicks fan because of my family. When I started immersing myself in the sport of basketball, I grew a love for OKC. Now, this doesn't mean I am going to know the roster of the Supersonics in 2001. Please forgive me, I was ONE YEAR OLD.

​THE APPAREL.

Why is everything I reach for pink and glittery? I remember as a kid always wearing bedazzled Giants jerseys. Okay fine, I was a girly girl, but once in a while, it's nice to have the ACTUAL thing. At this point, I've given up and started to opt for men's clothing.

Scientific Evidence is NOT key.

Well, I better back everything up with scientific evidence or it's just: false. Thanks, guys, for not validating my opinions! We've all heard "LeBron's the goat," and we all just accept it and move on, (It's obviously true, but everyone's entitled to their own wrong opinion). However, if I said it, I'd have to back it up with the top 10 plays from each season of 15 season career and get busted for him being 3-5 in the Finals. I give up.