​15 Struggles Of Being An Adult Who Still Lives With Her Parents

You start to get tired of their rules, especially when you’re a whole adult.
3414

Living with your parents saves money and provides amazing support. But after a while, you start to get tired of their rules, especially when you’re a whole adult. Of course, the quick response is, “just move out!” But it’s not that easy. Living with your parents has its pros, but there are definitely some cons. Here’s 15 struggles of being an adult but living with your parents:

1. Getting yelled at for making noise past 10 p.m…

I got a text from my mom telling me to go to bed after I was laughing on the phone with my friend through FaceTime.

2. Getting the side-eye when you’re casually preparing dinner at 3 a.m.

You see me? Okay AND?

3. “Mom I’m going out” “LOL NO YOU’RE NOT SIT DOWN”

Then she hits you with the “where” and “with who?” And you have to explain to her, “but you let me go to an out-of-state school…”

4. Not being able to spill some tea with your best friend because your mom wants to hear too.

Imagine censoring a conversation with your BEST FRIEND…

5. Apparently, you have a curfew now.

What’s that? I don’t know her.

6. Bedtime is 9 p.m…

In college, I took naps and woke up at 9 p.m., and then get ready to go out with friends. Going to bed at 9 p.m. is like having dinner at 2 p.m. I know, NO CORRELATION.

7. House rules…

Sis…what?

8. Your parents barging in your room at the most random times.

I mean, it’s not like I’m doing anything bad. My parents would look for ways to give me a lecture. One time, my mom busted in my room only to find my room CLEAN, my bed made, and my trash is taken out. She was so mad.

9. Dealing with your siblings touching your stuff.

I think NOT. Just because we’re related doesn’t mean we have to share MY body wash, or steal my charger and return it broken in half.

10. Thinking about the leftovers you were going to have and then someone in the house eats them…

Even my roommate in college would NEVER!

11. Asking if you can go somewhere.

Or you have to shoot them your location.

12. Your mom refuses to acknowledge that you’re in your 20’s.

“You’re not an adult until you move out..” She’s been saying that since I was 16, except it was originally “you’re not an adult until you’re 18.” The longer I live here, the more she’s going to extend the age limit to 42.

13. You STILL can’t bring any guys over even if he is your boyfriend.

My dad should have been in the Mean Girls movie because he would have said the exact same thing.

14. Getting the courage to ask your parents for money but they scold you about how you’re an “adult” (even if you’re home for break).

“WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE WE HAD TO WALK TO SCHOOL BAREFOOTED JUST TO MAKE A $1.”

15. “As long as you live under my roof you can’t do __________”

Even though living under your parents’ roof is a pain, you’re glad you live with them anyway.