The Struggle Of Trying To Get A Beach Bod While In College

Five reasons why it's so hard

26
theodysseyonline.com

With the weather starting to warm up, we realize that summer is approaching fast. But anyone in college can understand that, well, we may not be ready for that two-piece swimsuit andhere’s five reasons why:

1. Alcohol

Every weekend we’re faced with many texts telling us about that cool frat party with the toga theme on Thursday night, or a day drink that starts at 12 PM which consists of our favorite Natty Ice beer. But, when the weekend is over, we realize we may have just drank enough carbs for the rest of the year. So there goes to that flat six pack we wanted. Instead, we have a keg.

2. Diet

Who wants to cook chicken with broccoli and rice every day of every week? We want fatty, greasy food. Which is why we skip the process of cooking and cleaning our dishes and resort to the around-the-corner pizza shop for a $2 slice. Plus, we’re too busy and tired from school to go home to cook a healthy meal. Especially every meal! And my bank account can’t afford an organic, weekly shopping list.

3. Lack of exercise

How the f*** are we going to be able to fit working out into our day when our schedules are already jam-packed? Okay, so I already have to worry about the loads of homework while trying to balance having a social life and a boyfriend, BUT now I have to somehow work out. Blahhhhh

4. Friends

We all love our friends, but they’re such a big influence on us. We want to have fun and no one wants to miss out on the exciting random adventures we go on. But let’s face it, when we're with our girlfriends, what else do we do besides gossip? Oh yeah, eat. Whether it’s making dips for Bachelor Mondays or late night runs to Sheetz. Our friends are our partners in crime, shoulders to cry on, and of course, our munchie motivators.

5. Motivation

Zero. None. No motivation to move from my comfy couch. We don’t want to stop Netflix and chill for the gym, so we continue to binge-watch our favorite shows.

Maybe after this I'll go to the gym. Or just continue to be lazy and do nothing all day.