The Strongest Foundation I Will Ever Come To Know

John 16:33 says, " I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

192
Vineo

Change is something that excites few, and scares many. It is something that effects all of us, whether that be on a daily basis, over the course of a week, a month, a year, a decade etc. Our lives are constantly changing. Relationships change, people come and go, situations change, and sometimes it’s for the better, and sometimes it’s not.

As people, we constantly latch onto something familiar to make ourselves feel comfortable in these difficult, uncomfortable, and new situations. But what people latch onto is not something that can remain constant in their lives. This is difficult for many because it creates an unstable, and unreliable foundation in which people build their lives upon. It can create difficult situations which can leave someone feeling broken, alone, unhappy etc.

A good example is when people build their lives on their friends, they base their value, security, stability, significance in the people that they are friends with, and their opinions. Friends come and go, they aren’t perfect, they will hurt you, and disappoint you. When you find so much of your life built on such an unstable, broken foundation it will lead to disappointment, hurt, and sadness.

However, there is hope. There is something we can confidently build upon, and that is Jesus Christ. Building your life with Christ as the foundation, finding value in your relationship with Him brings an endless supply of love, hope, and grace. You never have to question your worth, your beauty, His love for you, and for the people around you. You never have to worry about feeling unloved, or unwanted. You never have to be anyone but yourself, because Jesus loves you for where you are in life, and with any “baggage” that you may carry. God is just and forgiving, and His grace “is like an ocean,” endless in nature.

Christ is a constant, stable, strong, and secure foundation. No matter what situation you are placed in, God is with you. He is with you whether you are in the United States, Europe, or Asia. He is with you when you leave old situations, and enter into new ones. Isaiah 41:10 says, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am the Lord your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

When others may flee, Jesus is with you. In times of hardship, and in times of success, Jesus is with you.. He is the only One with the ability to be with you and support you through whatever and wherever life may take you. When you trust in the Lord, you never have to worry about where He may lead you because it will always be good and out of His love for you. He will love you more then you could ever imagine.

Luke 6:46-49 says, “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord’ and not do what I tell you? Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like; he is like a man building a house, who dug deep, and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against the house, and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who hears, and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great.”

Nothing can shake Christ, nothing can alter his endless love for you.

Change is still scary to me, and it will always be scary for me, just like it is for many others. However, I find great comfort in knowing I can ask God, “to walk before me, beside me, and after me,” to ensure I am not alone, to be reminded I am unconditionally loved by Him, and no matter where He may be leading me, I can trust in Him.