Stop These Acts of Violence

Stop These Acts of Violence

When are things like these going to end?
69

It makes me so sad when I open up my computer to do work, and I see an update from CNN on my laptop that says a breaking news of some sort. When will Americans come to realize that we can't live in today's society with violence? It breaks my heart to even look at the news anymore because all there is, is hate, shootings, people driving into crowds, etc. This all needs to stop. I am proud to live in America, however, looking at some of the news it hurts to know these are American citizens doing these hateful crimes.

On November 5, 2017, there was a shooting at a church in Texas. Yes, I am a Christian and I go to church. Honestly, there are times that I worry something like this could happen near my home. It's sad because it literally can happen anywhere. As a country, I feel like we need to start thinking about gun laws. I don't want to start a fight over this, however, we really do need to look into better laws. I know when people buy guns they do background checks however, it scares me knowing that essentially anyone can buy a gun.

Reading about the Texas shooting, it says the shooter was in the military and was then discharged. It's scary because sometimes people who have been in the military have PTSD and if they have a guy that can be scary. We need to help people with PTSD post-military. It's definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. Even if this shooting wasn't related to PTSD, We still need to have better laws regarding laws on guns.

These are just my opinions on what I think we need to look into as a country so that Americans can feel safe and not have to worry about shootings. I am so thankful for our Police Officers, Firefighters, EMT, Military personnel that put their lives in danger for our lives and to help us be safe. The next time you see someone who is serving our country, stop and thank them for all they do. They go above and beyond and sometimes don't get as much apperication as they should.