Stop Telling Me What To Do With My Life

Stop Telling Me What To Do With My Life

Instead, push me to follow my dream.

100
Stop Telling Me What To Do With My Life
Unsplash.com

Being a college student, I often get the question "What are you going to school for?", and after telling them I am a Secondary Education major, their response is less than pleased.

Yes, I know education may not be the most flashy or prosperous career field, but it's something I have wanted to do ever since I was a little girl.

So stop telling me not to follow my dreams.

For me, finding a career was more than finding a job I would make the most money doing. It was not about finding something that felt like a job, but something I had a passion for.

Learning is a beautiful process and nothing makes me happier than seeing a child grow and develop as a person. Teachers have the ability to shape a child into the person they become. They push children to always dream big and do their best. Teachers are people children look up too. They lead by example. Teachers live with a sense of purpose because they are impacting the future of the world. In some cases, they are the only adult to show a child true, genuine love. But most importantly, they light the fire of passion in children's lives to continue to learn and find what they love every single day.

At the end of the day, teaching is not about the money or status you have but the difference you make in the child's life. My dream is for a child to come to me and tell me, "Because of you I succeeded."

What's yours?

Every human being on this Earth is different. Everyone has different passions and desires. We all have a different career path in mind. No single route is the same. Yes, there are millions of teachers in the world; however, not one teacher takes the same path. Find the road that makes you happy, but don't stop there.

Blaze your own trail.

My name is Kayla Ratajczak. My major is Secondary Education with an English major and a History minor. I plan to teach middle school children. I hope to make a difference in the lives of the children I teach. I'm not sure where the trail I'm blazing is going to lead me, but I know it will be special.

I have a passion in my heart and a fire in my eyes, so please stop telling me what to do with my life. Instead, push me to be the very best version of me.