All Lives Matter

All Lives Matter

Life is sacred. Every single one matters.

6
All Lives Matter
Battabox

I've never been able to understand how the human race can be so cruel to each other. Maybe I'm one of the rare ones. I've always valued all kinds of life. From the smallest creature to the largest, I always appreciated every aspect of life on this planet. What baffles me is how other human beings can't do the same.

Ever since the dawn of time, there has been a senseless murder. When Cain killed Abel, the act of murder was known to mankind. Ever since, the world has been plagued with wars and other such acts where precious lives were lost. Most recently, five police officers lost their lives in Dallas, gunned down by a heavily armed sniper in a retaliatory demonstration after the deaths of black men in Minnesota and Louisiana.

Why is it that one bad action from one person causes a huge conflict for a whole group? It was the exact same thing after the Columbine shootings where anyone who wore black or listened to rock music was grouped in with the shooters. One person (or a few) do not determine the morals of the entire group. One wrongful shooting by a police officer does not mean that the entirety of all police officers are to blame.

What spurns this hatred more and more is pitting races against each other. White versus black. Us versus them. That mentality has done nothing, but cause trouble over and over again throughout the years; like in Germany prior to World War II when Hitler pitted Germans against Jews in his quest for world domination. How many more Hitlers do we have to go through to realize that we are all human beings? We were all created the same. All of our lives matter. Not just one specific race. All.

How many more people have to die before we come to realize that everyone's life is precious, that every life should be preserved? How many more human beings do we have to lose before we realize that repeating the same mistakes that our ancestors, and their ancestors before them made isn't the answer? When will this cycle end?