Stop Obsessing Over Things That DON'T Matter

We have a God that thinks YOU are priceless

168
Google

It has become more and more apparent to me that our culture is obsessed with the idolization of the things of this world.

We obsess over celebrities that are human in all forms. We idolize our friendships over God. We think it is okay to be obsessed with things that are not pure.

Why do we do this?

We live in THIS culture. It is all we have ever known, and sadly all we will know. We are around influences that put negativity in our minds and hearts. We cannot avoid it, it is everywhere we go.

But, let me tell you this.

It is normal. It is completely normal.

We are imperfect creatures, created by a completely perfect God.

Guess what?

HE can take away our obsessions of things that aren't holy, and He can cleanse and make us new. He can take something messy and make it beautiful. He is the source of all strength. He is the way we resist all things that do not glorify Him.

Take that next step, stop obsessing over things that do not care about you and begin to obsess over something amazing that thinks you are priceless.