15 Shonda Rhimes Quotes To Start 2019 Like A Girl Boss
Guilty as charged.

I am probably one the the world's most obsessive quote lover. But hey, at least I own up to it! I mean, after all, they are pretty great. Through breakups, pre-midlife crisis and everything in between, there will always be a quote that makes the situation a little better. These quotes are no different. They encourage me to take action and believe in my power. They make me want to become the girl boss I have always dreamed of being.

Here's to the new year:

"You can waste your life drawing lines, or you can live your life crossing them."

media.giphy.com

"Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to. Happiness comes from being who you really are instead of who you think you're supposed to be."

media.giphy.com

"I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don't call me lucky. Call me a badass."

media.giphy.com

"One. Word. No. No is a powerful word. Said clearly, strongly, and with enough frequency and force, it can alter the course of history."

media.giphy.com

"I think a lot of people dream. And while they are busy dreaming, the really happy people, the really successful people, the really interesting, powerful, engaged people... are busy doing."

media.giphy.com

"Don't sit at home waiting for the magical opportunity. Who are you? Prince William? No. Get a job. Go to work. Do something until you can do something else."

media.giphy.com

"Who you are today- that's who you are. Be brave. Be amazing. Be worthy."

media.giphy.com

"Stand up in front of people. Let them see you. Speak. Be heard. You take it in."

media.giphy.com

"Dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It's hard work that makes things happen. It's hard work that creates change."

media.giphy.com

"You just have to keep moving forward. You just have to keep doing something. Seizing the next opportunity, staying open to trying something new."

media.giphy.com

"Perfect is boring."

media.giphy.com

"If I don't poke my head out of my shell and show people who I am, all anyone will ever think is I am in my shell."

media.giphy.com

"Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He is very dreamy. But he is not the sun. You are."

media.giphy.com

"When you feel the need to apologize or explain who you are, it means the voice in your head is telling you the wrong story. Wipe the Slate Clean. And rewrite it. No fairy tales. Be your own narrator. And go for a happy ending."

media.giphy.com

"Yes to everything scary. Yes to everything that takes me out of my comfort zone. Yes to everything that feels like it might be crazy. Yes to everything that feels out of character. Yes to everything that feels goofy. Yes to everything."

media.giphy.com