You NEED To Stop Juuling Now, Here's Why

It is most definitely not all fun and games anymore.

142

Did you ever think that at 20 years old you would need extra oxygen to help you breathe? Did you ever think at 20 years old you would need an inhaler and have to take it four times a day? Did you ever think at 20 years old you could be dead?

Well, start thinking the unimaginable. With e-cigarettes, all of this and more is possible and more real than ever.

When this trend started two years ago, maybe even three, no one really thought of it. "Oh it's so cool, it gives the best head rushes, it tastes so good." That seemed to be all that was on anyone's mind. Everyone disregard the side effects that were screaming for everyone's attention. Instead, people just couldn't get enough.

Everyone gets addicted. You can't deny the addiction that comes with this product. You may not realize it, but soon you will start yearning for a hit in between classes or the middle of lecture. Soon, you'll stop eating in the dining hall and take your food to go just so you can hit it while you eat. It is a never-ending craving that is and will kill you.

Juul noticed this. They decided to remove all the "tasty flavors" from the shelves. Everyone savored their last hit of mango or fruit medley. Soon, they would turn to mint. Probably the biggest flaw for Juul. Mint is still a good enough flavor for the younger adults to bare with. If they were smarter, they would've removed that too. I guarantee that there would've been a hefty drop in smokers if they only had methanol or tobacco flavors.

Regardless, the trend continued and is now spiraling out of control. More than hundreds of people are being hospitalized for lung illnesses caused by juuling. This is an epidemic, and it is real. Juuls are not cool and never were. They were meant to help people stop smoking— not for every kid in college to get addicted. Face reality and understand you are severely harming your body and for what? Just because everyone else has one and because you think it's a necessity. It is not. You are not invincible. You will start seeing the negative side effects and you will end up in the hospital if you don't stop right now.

My best friend has chemical pneumonia from the Juul. That was her wake up call. It sucks she didn't realize she needed to stop until now, but let her and all the other hundreds of people be your wake up call. Do not be the next person to end up in the hospital over a stupid fad. I promise you there are better things in life you can do than Juul.

Be apart of the new fad and quit your Juul. Throw it out, flush it down the toilet, give it to the police--I don't care what you do, but I care about our health, and I know that you need to stop. Suck on a lollipop, get a nicotine patch if you have to or nicotine gum, but please, please stop juuling. Don't you want to be able to have a family and watch them grow up? Don't you want to be able to breathe again? Don't you want to be able to graduate? I know I do.