Stop Judging People Based On Other's Opinions

It's rude, judgmental, and most of the time, your views on the person aren't even correct once you meet them.

169

Hi, my name is Amanda. Maybe you know me, maybe not. If you do, maybe you have never met me but know of me from someone else. If that's the case, let me tell you a little about myself.

I'm 20 years old, obsessed with Disney and Chipotle. My favorite color is "Robin's Egg Blue." I look mean but have a really big heart.

See how simple that was? I just told you a few small details of myself, and no one even interfered!

Nowadays, people like to assume they know you or know about you based on others and what they have to say. I have had so many people hesitant to approach or get to know me based on a lie from another person, and quite honestly, I've been afraid/less likely to approach someone else based on what I've heard about them. It sucks, especially because you could be potentially missing out on a really awesome person in your life.

It's not right to ruin someone's image of another person due to how you feel/once felt about them. Whenever you have a falling-out with someone or even just don't get along with them, it doesn't mean you stop respecting them as a human being. Yeah, it's easy to be negative or jealous of someone else, but shouldn't we all just hope for the best for each other?

I always feel bad judging a person based on something that someone else has told me about them, and then they wind up being really cool and I was thinking otherwise. It happens so often, I just feel like if you don't personally know a person, your full view of them is because of other people.

Sometimes you get those people who say great things about you, but other times/most times, it's the people who want to see you fall and so they decide to make up crazy things that they think will make you upset. Just remember, they're not true things, and if people refuse to get to know you just because of that, they don't deserve to know you at all.

If you're one of the people that will tell someone false/stretched stories about someone else, I feel bad for you. Obviously, there is something you are unhappy within yourself that you needed to put someone else down for.

NEVER judge a book by its cover or by the reviews you may have read. Not everyone has the same taste as you.