You Need To Stop Holding Grudges, You're Only Hurting Yourself

Let it go, move on, forgive even if you can't forget, and you will be much happier for it.

212

Forgiveness is key when it comes to fostering relationships. People make mistakes, it's human nature. No one is perfect, as Hannah Montana so beautifully put it and you can't expect them to be because let's face it, you mess up too.

Hurting people hurt people. That's a fact. It happens all the time. People get hurt by something you did whether it was intentional or accidental and then you retaliate in some way and it continues on and on. You both continue to hurt each other because it's much easier to hold a grudge, stay mad, and keep the fight going.

But think about how nice it might feel to stop. Stop fighting back. Stop holding that grudge. Stop being mad, hurt, and upset. Just forgive them.

Let go of whatever it is that they did to you whether it was something that they did on purpose to hurt you or if they had no idea it would cause you pain.

Trust me I know it's hard.

Forgiveness is probably the hardest thing that you have to do sometimes, but it is necessary.

I'm not saying that you can or should forget what happened. And forgiveness doesn't always mean continuing the relationship that you have with the person that hurt you. That relationship may be doing you more harm than good and ending the relationship might be the right thing to do for both of you.

Ending the relationship, however, does not mean that you have to hold on to that grudge and continue being mad at that person or upset about how the relationship turned out.

It's your choice whether you want to try and fix that relationship or not or if it would be better for you to leave the situation behind but either way you have to face the situation head on and choose to let go of whatever grudge you're holding on to.

You don't need to let go of this grudge for anyone but yourself. You are letting go for yourself because it is definitely what is best for you. No matter what they did to you, it only hurts you more to continue thinking about it, carrying it around with you, and holding on to the negative feelings that come with it.

They may not even deserve forgiveness for whatever it is that they did to you, but you definitely deserve to give it to me because it's better for YOU.

So stop holding on to grudges and being angry at the people that hurt you. Let it go, move on, forgive even if you can't forget, and you will be much happier for it.