Stop Premature Christmas Decorating

Stop Premature Christmas Decorating

Stop decorating for Christmas on November 1st!

28
Stop Premature Christmas Decorating

I am here to make a statement. A statement that is extremely overdue.

After Halloween and up until the fourth Thursday of November should be designated for the celebration of Thanksgiving. It should not be to where at midnight on November 1st, Christmas carols start to ring everywhere. If you want to at midnight on the Friday after Thanksgiving, that's okay. We, as Americans, should fulfill our duty as citizens to prevent others from skipping holidays and forgetting some important ones.

Over the past few years, we have been neglecting some holidays, but the one that comes to mind first is Thanksgiving. The past few years I've noticed that people treat Thanksgiving like it's just another dinner. Nothing special whatsoever. They are focused on Christmas. Even businesses and stores are too. Black Friday keeps moving earlier and earlier. This year it starts at 6 PM on Thanksgiving Day! My food hasn't even settled by then.

Thanksgiving is important because of the history that came with the first one ever. The first one provided a union and a trade between two different types of people with different values and beliefs. It showed that people can overcome their differences and come together.

And how can I forget the food? Giving thanks and all that is nice, but the food is, without a doubt, the most memorable part of any Thanksgiving. The food varies from family to family but the general gist is: turkey, lots of vegetables including corn, potatoes, carrots, and about 20 more, some type of bread, then usually a lot of family members have that one signature dessert that you have to get mounds of before all of your cousins even though there are about 20 desserts total.

It is also important for the fact that it gives people the opportunity to show that they are grateful to each other, for what others have done for each other, for what they have, and more. Everyone has something to be thankful for. After all, we wouldn't make it in this world without others and what they do for us.