Stop Dwelling on the Past

Stop Dwelling on the Past

What will be will be, and so it goes.

80
Stop Dwelling on the Past

Life is made up of many curve balls for a reason. Each time a hardship or an unexpected challenge is thrown at a person it shapes them into the individual that they are today. However, often time’s people allow these things to break them and hold them back instead of looking at the meaning behind it all and using it as motivation to get exactly where they want to be. My advice for a person whose stuck in the past because something did not go as planned, is to simply just “get over it.”

The more you dwell, the longer you are holding back from your future endeavors. No matter how hard things may be, you cannot get anywhere unless you just keep moving forward. We only get this one life to live so make the best of whatever it throws at you, whether it may be absolutely terrible. Sure it is natural to look inward for a little while, but there comes a point when enough is enough and it is time to get yourself out of the loop and get on with life.

You will soon realize that a little bit of mindfulness can go a long way and life will soon brighten up again. Everything that comes in life has a purpose and a reasoning behind it. You will not be able to find that purpose if you are stuck in one place. It is time for you to say “Oh well” and move on. Every storm eventually runs out of rain, and life will eventually piece itself back together. What may seem like the end of the world is really a doorway for the start of an even better one.

Stop concentrating on what your life could be and go out and make it happen. Pitying yourself will only hold you back even longer (not to mention nobody likes a person who is constantly feeling bad for themselves). Continue to keep on looking at the brighter side of things and you’ll come to find out that a little bit of rain is a good thing. Things may not all go as planned but that is OK, because that is exactly what makes this life so beautiful and exciting.