4 Questions That Are Absolutely NOT Ok To Ask Any Woman

4 Questions Society Has Normalized But That Are Absolutely NOT Ok To Ask Any Woman

Mainly because it's none of your business.

655
woman standing with arms crossed looking at water

It's amazing how in today's society so many people still think it's acceptable to ask women these questions. I understand that mostly, people are curious and they highlight these moments in a woman's life, but it's 2020 and these questions really need to stop being key conversation pieces to measure where a woman's success is at.

All of these questions seem so normal to society and although the woman might be comfortable with answering them, it shouldn't be asked unless you know she's all right with it.

Let her decide on her own terms or with her partner how she'll go about the above and let her tell you when she's ready for the above things, or if she even wants those things.

1. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

This is a question that girls constantly get asked beginning in the teenage years that really needs to stop.

For those asking, it seems like it's just curiosity or a small poke at a fun question but also is used as a maturity question to see where the girl is at in life.

It's funny how even at a young age, girls get asked questions by others to see where their maturity is, and it always has to relate to a man. Instead, ask about what she's interested in, both in school and outside of school.

Maybe ask what her dream job would be, and encourage her to go for it.

And as she gets older, maybe she is just focusing on herself and doesn't want a boyfriend. It's okay for a girl not to have a relationship until she feels ready to.

2. "When are you getting married?"

Ugh. The worst! Whether a woman has a boyfriend or not, this one is always a dreadful question. Why do females always have to hear this question, whether it be from family or not?

It's really crazy that once we hit our 20s, this is the question that we hear from those around us.

Why is a career not good enough for everyone else? Maybe you want to travel or maybe you want to build a life that doesn't center around marriage. It's okay to do these things, whether you want to get married or not!

3. "Are you taking your husband's last name?"

This might be a question that SHOULD be asked, but the point behind it is relevant in regards to questions that shouldn't be asked. It's traditional for women to take their husband's last name when they get married but, news flash, she doesn't have to.

People need to realize that some women identify with their last name more than they identify with their husband's last name.

They don't have to change their name just because it's tradition.

If they choose to, great! If they choose not to, great! The point is that it shouldn't define the strength of their marriage if the woman doesn't take the husband's last name.

4. "When are you having kids?"

This question shouldn't happen for a variety of reasons. What if a woman is infertile and doesn't really want anyone to know?

That's a pretty private thing and if a woman is infertile, she might feel bad about it.

That being said, the pressure to have children, especially once someone gets married, shouldn't be anybody's business outside of the husband and wife.

Another reason not to ask is that a lot of people want to be married but do not want to have kids.

Having kids does not define a successful marriage. If a couple chooses not to have kids, that's great for them, but the woman should not be asked or be put on the spot.