Be Your Own Wonder Woman

Be Your Own Wonder Woman

Be a Wonder Woman every single day

440
Be Your Own Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman. We’ve heard about NOTHING else the past few weeks. I recently saw it and cried and laughed my way through it. It was amazing. I won’t get started on the whole DC vs. Marvel thing, but it really was a well-done movie in my opinion. So many good characters, actors/actresses, and themes that I can’t even cover them all, and I definitely will not try.

Instead, I want to focus on some little things that Diana (Wonder Woman) did throughout the movie, that women can also do every single day. These things may seem small, but they are impactful. They can impact your self-confidence, your moods, and the way you change the world.

Here they are:

• 1. Wear what you want. There is a string of several scenes where some characters are trying to dress Diana how a “woman should dress” in that time period. They had her try on several outfits and wear glasses when she didn’t even need them in order to help her “fit in”. A scene or two later, those very glasses get broken on during a fight scene. I probably read way too much into that but I loved it. I loved how they tried covering up who she was, but eventually, she totally was not going to stand for it and quickly reverted back to her outfit. (No offense Wonder Woman, how on earth is that comfy enough to fight in? It looks like a constant wedgie.)

• 2. “Do nothing or do something...” “...and I’ve already tried nothing.” Chris Pine’s character said this near the beginning of the movie when talking about helping in the war and I LOVED it. It is so easy to just want to sit and do nothing-it’s easier, playing it on the safe side, and you don’t have pressure and responsibility. It’s simple. However, sometimes you need to do something. Anything. Even if that something is smiling at a stranger, or serving someone in another way. You don’t need to save the whole world, but doing little things here and there, will help the world be a better place.

• 3. Keep your mind focused. Throughout the movie, Diana had a mission. She was set on accomplishing that. Different characters throughout would tell her it wasn’t important, or that it was impossible. That did not stop her, and it seemed to push her to want to accomplish it more. THAT is how it should be. In a perfect world, everyone would encourage everyone with their goals, but sadly, that doesn’t happen. So many people tell others how dumb their goals are, or how impossible they are to accomplish. Too often, people let that get to their head and knock them off course. Don’t let it. Let that negativity fuel your flame. Use it as motivation and a reason to strive even harder to reach that goal. Even if that goal is just to make it through today.

• 4. Don’t stick to stereotypes. This one is focused on another actress, Robin Wright. She is very well-known for her role of Princess Buttercup in The Princess Bride, the damsel in distress. She kicked that role to the curb in comparison to this new movie. I am a huge Princess Bride fan, but WOW I love Wright way more as a kick-butt, strong, and wise leader like she is depicted in Wonder Woman. Just because you are a woman, doesn’t mean you need to stick to the “damsel in distress” stereotype. Go out there and kick the world’s butt.

• 5. Remember, “Everyone is fighting their own battles.” Another quote from the movie. Another very real, very true quote for the real world. You never know what others are going through. You never know if they just need a smile. Try to be understanding and remember that your problems, while they may be very very real, are not the only problems in the world. Every single person has struggles of their own and every single person needs to feel like they can tackle those struggles with confidence.

• 6. “Be careful in the world of men-they do not deserve you.” ‘nough said.

Everyone can save their little piece of the world. Just be yourself, express yourself how you want, and love others unconditionally. You can do this.

From Your Site Articles