9 Things You Still Text Your Mom At 20 Years Old
Friendships

Even though I hate to admit it, all of these are true... I'm so thankful that my mom is my best friend.

671
Photo by Artem Maltsev on Unsplash

If you're anything like me, then your mom is your best friend. You can rely on her and trust her literally with your entire life. No matter if you're happy, sad, upset, aggravated, or even just wanting someone to talk to, you're probably going to text your mom. I'm pretty confident in saying that I text my mom more than I text any of my friends. Well, my mom is my best friend, but it's a different kind of relationship.

Having your mom as your best friend isn't like having a middle school or high school best friend. This is a different and special kind of bond that nobody can ever take a way. You don't have to worry about your mom getting mad at you for something petty like talking to their ex or hanging out with someone they don't like as if you would with a high school best friend. Having your mom as your best friend ensures you that you will always have a life-long friend that will never turn their back on you. Your mom is the best choice you have when it comes to having a best friend.

Since my mom is my best friend and is a lot wiser than any of my other friends, I literally text her for anything and everything so often that she honestly is probably tired of it. However, the joke's on her because there's no getting rid of me now.

1. "Is it OK to wear this? Like, does this look OK?"

I have learned that nobody in this entire universe is going to be as honest with me as my mom is. Harsh or not, my mama will always be blunt with me and let me know what is in my best interest. Almost anywhere I go, I have to text my mom a pic of what I'm wearing just to make sure it looks OK.

2. "Did you hear about what XX did?"

There is nothing like gossiping with your mama, even whether she knows the person or not. One thing I have learned is that your mama is the ONE and ONLY person that you can trust. Mothers and daughters have a special bond that can never be taken away. My mama is my favorite person to gossip with because I know I can tell her anything and everything, and she will never tell a soul.

3. "Can you cash app me $20 so I can get some stuff I need at Target?"

First of all, let's be honest right now... 99% of the time, we aren't getting "things we need" from Target. We're probably getting way too many things from the Dollar Spot along with a shirt we'll probably wear ONCE. Or we may even use the money to get our nails done, who knows? And truthfully, our mamas probably know that, but still love us enough to give us the money! ;)

4. "What is Stella doing?"

If you're anything like me, then your mom is your go-to dog sitter when you're not home. Anytime I leave to go somewhere and my dog is home with my mama, I can't tell you how many times I text my mama and ask what she's doing or if she is being good. Maybe I'm not the only one ;)

5. "Can you bring me some Mexican food home?"

Sometimes when we're way too caught up in homework, working late, or literally just binge-watching Netflix, we're too lazy to get dinner ourselves. So, when this happens and our parents go to Mexican for dinner, WE HIT THE JACKPOT TOO. I ALWAYS text my mama to get her to bring me a chicken + cheese quesadilla home with chips + cheese dip... It never fails.

6. "Do you know the answer to this?"

If your mama is anything like mine, then she's more than likely one of the smartest people you know. Anytime I have a history quiz online, or need to write a paper, it shouldn't be a surprise to her (or you at this point, let's be honest) that I'm gonna text her and ask if she knows the answer or can proof-read my paper.

7. "Look at what I tagged you in on Facebook!!"

At this point in our relationship, she should expect being tagged in AT LEAST 10 memes or funny videos a day on Facebook. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, and she better think it's funny! Whether it be a cute puppy, a meme about something stupid, or someone singing and dancing to "Old Town Road," she will be tagged.

8. "Where are you?" 

If I ever go somewhere and come home or come home from class/work and my mom isn't home, then she should also expect a text or call from me wondering WHERE THE HECK SHE IS!!! She should know by now that whenever I get home from shopping, she has to have a sit-down discussion with me about EVERY LITTLE THING that I bought. And if I'm coming home from work or class, then she should be there waiting to gossip with me and talk about EVERY LITTLE THING that I did. It's kind of like a big deal and so am I, so if she isn't home, I need to know where she is.

9. "Is this cute?"

OK, so, I'm a shopaholic, so whether I screenshot something on a boutique's website or IG page and send it to her, or if I am trying something on, it's pretty much a rule now that I have to text and ask her if it's cute or not.