Stereotypical Horror Movie Characters

Stereotypical Horror Movie Characters

The characters in every horror movie ever.

4125
Stereotypical Horror Movie Characters
Wallpaper Cave

Everyone loves a good horror movie. I personally used to hate horror movies until recently when I realized these movies are funnier than they are scary. But what I love most about horror movies, the thing that really cracks me up is the stereotypical characters. Just about every horror movie I have watch has the exact same set of characters.

1. First To Go

First there is the Black guy. He has a name but no one ever bothers to learn it because he will die first. He is always either really scary or way too brave. These soon prove to be his fatal flaws. He typically dies running away from the group and getting caught by the killer or mutant animal, or he somehow thinks that he can overpower whatever is killing people. We never really know if he is a funny character or not because he dies so soon, but the fact that the black guy always dies first is hilarious.

2. Blondie

Then there is everyone’s favorite little blonde girl. This blonde is only there for sex appeal. She typically has a beautiful face, large boobs and works as a model or something like that. She is popular among all the boys. Her signature move is the flirty hair flip. When the killer comes and the group takes off running she is typically the one that falls and instead of getting up and running she lays on the ground screaming. While the killer walk five miles to get to her then finally kill her, the audience screams and screams for her to get up and yet she still lays on the ground screaming.

3. Cocky Jock

Then there is the overconfident jock. This guy is usually found trying to make a move on the blonde. He is buff and good-looking and has way too much confidence. This is his tragic flaw. He is so full of himself. He makes Narcissus look like a selfless humanitarian. But in the end he typically goes out saying something along the lines of “Come on try and beat me!” then shortly dies.

4. Survival Expert

Then there is the survival expert. This guy or girl usually meets the group a little later in the movie. They are typically rugged but extremely resourceful. They nearly always make it to the end of the movie. If they don’t, they usually die doing something heroic or self-sacrifice for the betterment of the group. They carry things around that no one ever thinks to have with them. They are the one that the audience loves and typically count on to kill the killer and get the group to safety.

5. Cold Blooded Killer

Finally there is the killer. This killer, if human, never runs. He or she always walks extremely slow but somehow always catches up with the victims whether they are running or in a car. This killer is always creative with their killings. No two killings are the same. The killer likes to keep it interesting. The killer dies last in the movie and the heroes feel like the have won but more times than less the killer isn’t really dead and comes back for a sequel with a new group. Different names same stereotypical characters.