7 Steps To Achieve Your Goals

7 Steps To Achieve Your Goals

Set goals like a pro.

32

It's officially the midpoint of the semester, and pushing through to finals feels like a seemingly endless journey. With a whole half of the semester remaining, it's just as important as ever to stay on top of your tasks to end the school year on a positive note. If you've dropped the ball and feel like you have no motivation left, try setting some new goals that will help keep you on track and get you to where you need to be.

1. Write down your goals.

Writing something down is the first step to actually making it happen. Once you put your goal into words, you can begin to conceptualize it and work toward accomplishing what you set out to do.

2. Be clear about your motivation.

Think about what is motivating you to achieve your goals. This is an important factor because your motivation is what will propel you to actualize your ideas. Without a strong conviction, your goals will just become a list on a random piece of paper.

3. Draft a step by step overview of how you will achieve your goals.

Creating an organizational system is integral to achieving your goals. Plot out specifics and plan the steps that will bring you to closer to attaining your goals.

4. Break it down - implement the steps of your initial draft into your weekly schedule.

Go a step further and figure out how you can incorporate larger points into your daily and weekly routines. Doing so will make your goals more attainable and more likely to be achieved since you are working toward them on a consistent basis.

5. Create deadlines (and stick to them!) 

Work within a designated time frame to stay on top of your tasks. Giving yourself deadlines will allow you to see measurable results.

6. Step back and assess your progress.

After some time working toward achieving your goals, check in with yourself and see how far you have come. This is a good time to make changes to your plan or to improve your approach.

7. Be mindful of what is blocking you from achieving your goals and come up with creative solutions.

If you notice that certain excuses continue to get in the way and block you from achieving your goals, take note of them. By learning about what is holding you back, you can find creative solutions to solve the problem.