Step Away From Your Comfort Zone

Step Away From Your Comfort Zone

Obedience is the key to stepping out of your comfort zone.

20
Step Away From Your Comfort Zone
quietrev.com

Growing up, I always thought that my calling in life would be something that was safe, hidden deep within my comfort zone. Since I graduated high school, I have been proven wrong ... very wrong.

When I think about "comfort zones," the first person that comes to my mind is a biblical character, Moses. Moses had a speech/stuttering problem, yet The Lord used him to deliver the Israelites. What if Moses would've stayed within his so-called limits instead of doing what God called him to do? Moses wanted to. He didn't feel like he should be able to be used by God, much less have a specific mission from God in his life. He didn't feel like he was able to either. I try to think about that whenever I don't want to step out of my comfort zone.

Sometimes, I physically don't feel like I am able to step out and try new things. Being an introvert can be rough sometimes because I thrive off of my routine alone time. Until one week, I decided to work on my obedience. If you want to learn how to step out of your comfort zone, obedience to the Holy Spirit is your key. In one week, I learned an immensely important lesson: Doing what Jesus says to do isn't always easy, but it will always be rewarding.

My advice to any person wanting to step away from their normal comfort level is to always try unfamiliar things. Especially if the Lord is opening doors for you that you keep pushing away because you feel they are insignificant. You may discover you are passionate about something you never thought you would be. Stepping out of your normal routine is so difficult. I can promise you, though, that you will discover that rewarding results come when you leave what you are used to, to fulfill God's plans.

Next time you are given an opportunity to reach into strange territory, remember this quote: "You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it." - Benjamin Mee, "We Bought A Zoo." Go out and try something new, you may just accidentally/on purpose discover your calling.