5 Musts For When You Stay At Your S.O.'s Dorm

Sleepovers are fun, must rules are a must.

2134

Spending the night with your significant other is one of the best parts about finally getting to college. You finally are given the freedom to sleep in the same bed all night and wake up in the morning to little kisses. Staying over at your significant other's place does come with many challenges of its own though. The slept in makeup, the lack of clothes for the next day, roommates, and overstayed welcomes all are realities of sleeping over at your significant others dorm.

Spending the night in college can be a difficult road to navigate and it's even more difficult when there are multiple roommates involved. No matter how many times you have likely spent the night with your significant other, you're sure to face some challenges of proper sleepover etiquette. These are a few of the rules of college sleepovers that should probably be followed in order to keep your significant other happy, roommates happy, and to get the most out of your sleepovers.

1. Their space is their space, as well as their roommates' 

Just like you wouldn't go to someone's house and take all of their stuff, you probably shouldn't do this in your significant other's dorm. Taking all of their food, or their roommates' food is not cool. Respect their space just like you would want them to respect yours.

2. Pack smart 

Spending the night with your significant other means loading up your contacts, solution, medication, clothes, pajamas, and the list goes on. Only pack the things that you'll actually need or else you'll be carrying around half of your room all day. And don't forget you can always borrow a comfy t-shirt from your significant other.

3. You still can say "no" if you don't want to do something 

Just because it is their room, you don't have to do anything that you don't want to. Know your own boundaries and be respectful of yourself, your significant other should always understand that.

4. Respect their roommates 

No, you cannot stay over at your significant other's dorm if their roommate says no. It is their room too and it's important to respect how they feel. Your best bet is to be kind and friendly to their roommate, and they'll probably let you stay over more often.

5. Know that you probably won't look like Beyoncé when you wake up 

No one wakes up with perfect hair and the full face of makeup. You should know that and know that your significant other will still love you when you wake up with your hair a mess and bad breath.