3 Ways You Can Learn To Stay Humble In Life

Being humble is one of the best personality traits you can have.

244

Nobody pray for me
Even a day for me
Way (yeah, yeah!)

That lyric was off of Kendrick Lamar's famous song HUMBLE. Being humble is one of the best personality traits you can have. It generally shows that you care about others and the meaning of life itself. It makes selfless and full of love to give.

1. Always think of others.

https://unsplash.com/photos/PGnqT0rXWLs

One of the biggest ways of staying humble is to always be considerate of other people. It could be from the smallest thing from opening the door for someone or giving someone something for their birthday. Even if you don't know how to help someone in a certain situation, just simply being there and showing your love for them shows a lot about you.

Especially around the holidays, it can be hard for a lot of people because they want to celebrate and be with people that they love and be happy but they can't for various personal reasons. Imagine showing a simple act of humbleness to a random person and that actually makes their whole day and maybe could have even been the nicest thing that has happened to them in a really long time? Amazing right?

2. Body language.

https://unsplash.com/photos/_L3KpEED4UQ

Yes, body language. It is important that you look approachable. You don't want people to see you hunched over or looking like your in a grumpy mood. Stand up straight with your shoulder back with confidence. This gives the impression that you are comfortable with your own self and that actually tends to rub off on others in a positive way. Coming from personal experience, when I talk to people, they instantly opened up to me very quickly because of how I looked like I was comfortable in my own skin. Eye contact with people is also important. It gives you the impression that you are social and simply optimistic about things.

3. How you present your dialogue.

https://unsplash.com/photos/nF8xhLMmg0c

Talking... this is one of the most important parts about learning to be humble. When you speak, you actually want to sound bubbly with confidence in your voice. This sends off vibes that you are easy to talk to and you are very outspoken to others. You always want to use manners and have very attentive listening when the other person is talking. Another tip is to find ways you can relate to that person on their end. Even if you don't, try thinking of someone else you know that can relate and keep it going that way. Or if you can't do that either, you can ask them questions regarding what it is, to let them know you are curious and caring. It can make people feel like their not alone and make them feel relatable to you. That can also provide a sense of comfort.