Just Because I'm A Stay At Home Mom Doesn't Mean I Don't Do Anything
Family Friends

Stop Thinking I Don't Do Anything Because I'm A Stay At Home Mom

Just because I don't have a full-time job, does not mean I'm not a full-time mom.

362

When I had my daughter, me and my husband both agreed that it would work best for our family if I stayed home with our daughter. As an online college student, it works because I'm able to take care of our daughter as well as get school work done. But, for some reason, people believe when you're a stay at home mom, you just sit at home doing nothing.

As a stay at home mom and full-time college student, my day starts as soon as my daughter's feet hit the ground and doesn't end until way after she closes her eyes.

Staying home makes people think I have all the time in the world, that all my days consists of is sitting around, and that I should be able to do what they need me to do in the snap of their fingers. I don't mind helping people or hanging out, but asking me insanely last minute or making me feel bad for not being able to do whatever you need me too, is not the way to go about it.

I work hard, even though I don't technically work. I raise my daughter, take care of my family, and am going to school. I'm a good mom, and I'll return to work one day after I'm done making memories with my child.